Newbie Question - Messaging other guests on board

I am traveling in the same state room as a friend, but we won't be attached at the hip. She has decided not to purchase wifi.

Will we be able to use the app to message each other thru the app ? (practically speaking - I read on the website that this is possible)
And do I need to do anything special to ensure we are "linked" or is that already taken care of as we are under the same reservation number. 
TIA! 

1 hour ago, LandLockedInAZ2 said:

Thank you! 
Do we need to do anything to be "linked" or is that already taken care of by virtue of the fact we're on the same reservation? 

You should be, we traveled with 6 friends last year and had issues getting 2 of them linked to us.  No way to know until you get on the ship.  If you can't figure it out either the iLounge people can help or someone at guest services. 

Edited by lv2cruisgrl
  • Thanks 1

If I recall you do have to link somehow to be able to message.    I don't recall but it is simple. 

You do not need to have an internet account to message.    The downside is that it doesn't have a robust notifications and I think I recall it makes a very low pitch ping.   It does work and if you check the app frequently may not be a problem.    I know many that leave post it notes or even leave a message on the room phone.  

We have always had internet so just use iMessage

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

If I recall you do have to link somehow to be able to message.    I don't recall but it is simple. 

You do not need to have an internet account to message.    The downside is that it doesn't have a robust notifications and I think I recall it makes a very low pitch ping.   It does work and if you check the app frequently may not be a problem.    I know many that leave post it notes or even leave a message on the room phone.  

We have always had internet so just use iMessage

You have invite the person to your group , 

it is weird 🙄

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark_K said:

Also, I don’t think the Celebrity app messaging notifies you. If I remember correctly, you have to go to it and check messages.

3/4 of the time I don’t get notifications for texts or messages on my iPhone now 🤣

56 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

3/4 of the time I don’t get notifications for texts or messages on my iPhone now 🤣

Yes, that is true.

Sadly, the walkie talkie system is more reliable.  

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

But more annoying to others if not used with respect.  

Three different  groups  all had these walkie on our cruise.  All 3 were on the same channel.  It was chaos.  I do agree that it was annoying being in an elevator "What's up, Momma"?  etc.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keesar said:

Three different  groups  all had these walkie on our cruise.  All 3 were on the same channel.  It was chaos.  I do agree that it was annoying being in an elevator "What's up, Momma"?  etc.  

I used to use them back in the day when my daughter was young and mobile service was non-existent on crusie ships. Since so many others were, too, it *was* chaos, on every channel. And having one more thing to carry everywhere we went was not so fun, either.