MSC Lunch options on Embarkation Day Seashore 7 Day March from Port Canveral

WirelessRoute

I know the buffet is open. Are any of the specialty restaurants or MDR open for lunch?

I was considering Hola's ala cart to avoid the mayhem in the Buffet. Can we use the Beverage Plus package at Hola's or is it considered a signature venue?

I do not believe you can use the drink package in any specialty restaurant, but I may be wrong with that.  I’m sure someone else will chime in about the beverage packages.

The main dining room will not be open for lunch.  I don’t believe any of the specialty restaurants are open either. I believe the buffet is your dining option that very first day for lunch. 

Edited by tofubeast

11 hours ago, tofubeast said:

I do not believe you can use the drink package in any specialty restaurant, but I may be wrong with that.  I’m sure someone else will chime in about the beverage packages.

That is true for the base Easy package, but the higher packages can be used in the speciality venues, but not in signature venues. (the list of those varies from ship to ship).

11 hours ago, tofubeast said:

The main dining room will not be open for lunch.  I don’t believe any of the specialty restaurants are open either. I believe the buffet is your dining option that very first day for lunch. 

Hola tends to be open on boarding day. based on many previous reports.

• 1 month later...

Following up on my original post.

Went to Holas taco on Embarkation day. And the restaurant was empty. I was able to use Easy Plus beverage package, ordered a la carte spent $32 for 4 people. Best money spent no crowds and food was good. Hope this helps someone else.

• Like 1

This is a great tip. I learned about Hola! being open by accident. I had done the repositioning cruise from PC to NYC on the Meraviglia and made friends with one of the servers at Hola! There were two days between that sailing and the inaugural NYC sailing, which I was also booked on, and while in NYC, I bought some magnets for my friend. I went by Hola! on embarkation day of that second sailing to give him the magnets and he wasn't there but I found out that Hola! was open and actually serving lunch, not just taking reservations for dining throughout the cruise. So, I got to have a quick, easy, quiet, and delicious lunch on that embarkation day!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Pookie2u said:

The menu for Hola! looks pretty spicy.  Has anyone had something nice and mild they would recommend?  

I have what I call "Caucasian Spice Tolerance" and nothing there has been too spice for me. If you get chips and salsa, there are several salsas to choose from and there is a little chart showing their spicyness. Get one of the bottom two options and you will be fine. I like the smoked chipotle. The loaded nachos aren't spicy at all. Many of the tacos aren't spicy, just look at the ingredients listed and match any sauce against the spicy chart for the salsa. The enchilada sauce is also not spicy (though I don't like it that much). Oh and the El Pastor bean and cheese dip isn't spicy either!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 1/29/2024 at 10:45 AM, jcollin said:

No dining room on embarkation day or any day?  

No main dining room on Embarkation Day (*yacht club excluded)

Edited by Morgsmom

Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2024 at 8:22 PM, Pookie2u said:

The menu for Hola! looks pretty spicy.  Has anyone had something nice and mild they would recommend?  

I as well prefer little spicy. I ate at Holas twice once on embarkation and the last sea day. I had no problems and found several options, the chicken quesadilla and chicken taco. Just a tip on the last sea day make a reservation. We arrived after 2pm and were turned away. We pushed a bit and mentioned all the empty tables and were eventually sat. The hostess kept mentioning that all the reservations she had but doesn't appear a lot had showed up. We enjoyed our lunch and still highly recommend Holas. Make sure to say hi to Ashish Rao (Seashore) at the Hola's bar, best bartender I've ever dealt with. Super nice and super fast with drinks. Remembers who you are and what your drink, which is rare on MSC ships. No issues with Beverage Plus package for any drinks under $10 at Holas as well

Edited by WirelessRoute
  • Thanks 1