Booking dining reservations and excursions

I hoping I'm just missing it but how and when do you book dining and excursions before boarding. We have sailed a bunch of other cruise lines and you can always book everything before boarding... is this not an option?

Also where can I find dining room menus it seems like this cruise line has very limited info on social media or online like other lines.

you can book excursions via phone when it is a certain number of days away from your cruise - they seem a bit dated as far as tech goes at least last spring, check with your travel agent or call them directly to find out when. Once you are on board you can book dining other than the main dining room, again very low tech you need to speak to the matradee during dining hours. They allow for everyone to experience the upper outdoor "Grill" (where shorts are allowed) once and the other La Veranda restaurant for dinner at least once during the 7 day cruise. Other than that you just show up at the main dining room and let them know if you want to be seated with other guests or just your party. You will learn the "flow" of timing, people usually gather for a drink at the bar and then make their way to the dining room, if you wait a little you won't have to wait in line to get in but you may also be limited on where you will be seated. 

Hi! 🙂 Here's a menu from the main dining room last summer, we thought the food was excellent. Service was great, we always were seated right away, they get to know your preferences and were very friendly 

L'EtoileMenu1.jpg

L'EtoileMenu2.jpg

L'EtoileLamb.jpg

Edited by TheDarkestBlue

If you use this list of excursions to determine what you want to do, then call them

https://www.pgcruises.com/shore-excursions

Shore excursions are available to pre-book approximately 60 days prior to sailing; diving tours must be booked on board. Guests and their travel advisors can pre-book their excursions by calling our Reservations Department at 1 (800) 848-6172

• 3 weeks later...

Do the shore excursions generally sell out? Group of 8 people, 2 divers; once we book our dives (and know when we are diving) then would like to book the excursions (particularly for my dear wife who is not a diver). Will most excursions still be available once we get onboard? When we did our last PG cruise 7 years ago, dove several 0800 dives, which allowed me to still have breakfast and go on an excursion with my DW and booking once we were aboard did not seem like an issue.  

On 1/27/2024 at 7:45 PM, Smilies1998 said:

Can your butler book your dining and scuba. I'm trying to understand what they do too.

Yes, our butler booked our dining; we're not divers so I'm not sure of how/where to make those reservations. Butlers stock your fridge and accommodate those requests; they bring a daily hors d'oeuvres plate; transport laundry items; deliver room service; work in tandem with your room steward.

On 2/16/2024 at 1:37 PM, helo driver said:

Do the shore excursions generally sell out? Group of 8 people, 2 divers; once we book our dives (and know when we are diving) then would like to book the excursions (particularly for my dear wife who is not a diver). Will most excursions still be available once we get onboard? When we did our last PG cruise 7 years ago, dove several 0800 dives, which allowed me to still have breakfast and go on an excursion with my DW and booking once we were aboard did not seem like an issue.  

Our last PG was 1.5 years ago and we had no problem booking excursions on embarkation day. That's what I plan to do this summer also, unless I read differently from a more recent sailor.

• Thanks 1