Only 1 point for early cruises?

I'm no where near a frequent cruiser but about to go on #7 with RCI.  was looking at my list and noticed my first two cruises only gave me 1 point each and then after that its # of points matching # of days.  They're 2006 and 2010 and both 7 day.  Why do they only earn 1 point?  Doesn't really matter but it would change my level for my upcoming cruise and obviously get me to higher levels faster

7 minutes ago, sarahsentry said:

I'm no where near a frequent cruiser but about to go on #7 with RCI.  was looking at my list and noticed my first two cruises only gave me 1 point each and then after that its # of points matching # of days.  They're 2006 and 2010 and both 7 day.  Why do they only earn 1 point?  Doesn't really matter but it would change my level for my upcoming cruise and obviously get me to higher levels faster

Old formula of 1 point per Cruise, those were converted to more then one point and will show in your Current actual Total

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Old formula of 1 point per Cruise, those were converted to more then one point and will show in your Current Total

oh yes I see.  they show as 1 point in the list but then the total reflects higher.  thx

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sarahsentry said:

Add up all your points listed and I guarantee you will have more points than what they actually total.  

• Like 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Add up all your points listed and I guarantee you will have more points than what they actually total.  

actually you're right.  if I ignore the points and just give myself 7 for each cruise I should be at 42 and my total is 50, lol

• Like 2

Just now, sarahsentry said:

oh yes I see.  they show as 1 point in the list but then the total reflects higher.  thx

Conversion from old cruise credits to cruise points:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13