Do we need a Visa for Bali

JJean

That's great to hear you don't need a visa - one less thing to worry about! Bali is such a beautiful island, I'm sure you'll love exploring there even if just for a day. Hope the weather cooperates and you get to enjoy some of the amazing beaches. Safe travels! 😀✈️🏖️

Pardon the incomplete response earlier. The confusion arose from differing terminology used for entry requirements - "Visa-free", "Visa on arrival”, and "Visa Required". To clarify:
    • "Visa-free" indicates one can enter with just a valid passport, without obtaining a travel visa first.
    • "Visa on arrival" means a visa must be obtained, but can be secured upon landing rather than applying beforehand.
    • "Visa required” denotes a visa application must be submitted prior to traveling to the destination country.
For US citizens, securing a Visa before traveling is not required, but they must obtain one upon arrival to Bali. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 7:07 PM, capsplace said:

I am confused.  The Indonesia website and the US State Dept site both show a Visa is required for US Citizens.  Help!

I'd suggest the indonesian website will give you more un to date and accurate info than answers you may be given here. Some will be spot on, but not always.

The pre arrival visa is obtainable from here:   https://molina.imigrasi.go.id/   I dont know your circumstances, but Im guessing the B1 is the option you need. It is what I need to arrive in Bali, the cruise to Java and leave indonesia 7 days later.

In addition to this, from the 14 Feb, you'll also need a new Bali tourist tax https://lovebali.baliprov.go.id  (150,000 Rups.... just under US$10

image.thumb.png.3b85c778971a5dfecdb52d0d46d52b97.png

Another unavoidable expense Im afraid

• Thanks 1