Select Shore Excursions Question for Newbie

cjwags

Seriously considering booking our first cruise with Silversea for a  Croatia voyage.  I am wondering if anyone can give me a little insight into the non-included shore excursions and potential pricing.  I am sure they can vary widely, but in several ports, we are interested in a shore excursion that is not one of the included ones.  In the past on Oceania (under O Life pricing structure) when we have chosen a select excursion, it was between 200-350 USD per person.  What about on Silversea?

We are also very comfortable hiring private guides and tours.  We are just trying to compare pricing on a couple of different optiions and want to make sure we are comparing apples to apples as much as possible.

Thanks in advance for any information!

You can find private guides and drivers for far less than what is offered on SS.  But there are some interesting non-included tour options with special access that range from $200 to $5000 or more.  For example, we booked the Monaco Grand Prix apartment viewing for almost $5000 PP and a cooking class in Sicily for several hundred PP and those prices actually are in line with what you can book on your own.  But their prices for just a car and driver are quite high.  

5 hours ago, cjwags said:

Seriously considering booking our first cruise with Silversea for a  Croatia voyage.  I am wondering if anyone can give me a little insight into the non-included shore excursions and potential pricing.  I am sure they can vary widely, but in several ports, we are interested in a shore excursion that is not one of the included ones.  In the past on Oceania (under O Life pricing structure) when we have chosen a select excursion, it was between 200-350 USD per person.  What about on Silversea?

We are also very comfortable hiring private guides and tours.  We are just trying to compare pricing on a couple of different optiions and want to make sure we are comparing apples to apples as much as possible.

Thanks in advance for any information!

Most of the pay excursions should fall in the range of $200-$400 p/p; however, more elaborate tours will cost more.  Silversea will let you reserve the tour once you've booked.  You won't be billed immediately; instead the cost will be added to your onboard account.

1 minute ago, mchell810 said:

Most of the pay excursions should fall in the range of $200-$400 p/p; however, more elaborate tours will cost more.  Silversea will let you reserve the tour once you've booked.  You won't be billed immediately; instead the cost will be added to your onboard account.

Thank you so much.  Certainly helps put things in perspective. This will help us decide if we want to tour independently or with cruise line depending on port.   

• Like 1