Carnival Hub App

Most reviews for the Carnival app are not too good regarding the chat option. They mention that the text can have long delays with the app also disconnecting. Cant seem to find recent reports and I wonder if they have improved in recent times. I will be on the Luminosa soon and also wonder if it differs on different ships. I would be thankful if any recent cruisers who have used the app ( chat ) on the Luminosa could enlighten me.

Cheers John

We used CHAT ($9pp for whole cruise) on the Luminosa over the NYE cruise and agree with those reports. It was hit and miss. My messages to my teen sometimes got delayed and even not arrived at all. I think it depends where you are and if you are in your cabin or moving around. Just keep checking that the WiFi is working where you are. I liked having it. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

We used CHAT ($9pp for whole cruise) on the Luminosa over the NYE cruise and agree with those reports. It was hit and miss. My messages to my teen sometimes got delayed and even not arrived at all. I think it depends where you are and if you are in your cabin or moving around. Just keep checking that the WiFi is working where you are. I liked having it. 

Thank you, I guess it has some other uses so I will download it .For only $9 the chat is worth a try. Shame it is a bit hit and miss as it sounds like a great idea. Thanks for your post.🙂

• Like 1

John, we didn't use it on Luminosa last year as it was just hubby and I and we are always together🥰

We did use it on Splendor last June as we cruised with daughter and grandsons.

It worked fine for us.......when daughter looked at her phone! I recall it doesn't give you a prompt that there is a message, so need to keep checking.

Was good for us re picking the kids up from kids club etc.

We are back on Luminosa (yay) in a couple of weeks but prob won't use it as it's just us again.

2 hours ago, cheznandy said:

John, we didn't use it on Luminosa last year as it was just hubby and I and we are always together🥰

We did use it on Splendor last June as we cruised with daughter and grandsons.

It worked fine for us.......when daughter looked at her phone! I recall it doesn't give you a prompt that there is a message, so need to keep checking.

Was good for us re picking the kids up from kids club etc.

We are back on Luminosa (yay) in a couple of weeks but prob won't use it as it's just us again.

Good to know thank you. Shame it does not notify ( sound wise )