Upgrade from classic drinks to premium drinks.

Lauale

We have recently booked an 8 day cruise on Beyond to the ABC islands in September, and had the classic drinks package included in the booking.  We can see the prices of the packages on the app, and would like to upgrade to the premier package whilst there is a promotion on. At this point in time we have only paid a deposit and balance isn’t due until the end of May, we also online through a TA. Could anyone advise how we upgrade? We can’t seem to do it on the app? TIA. 

8 minutes ago, Lauale said:

We have recently booked an 8 day cruise on Beyond to the ABC islands in September, and had the classic drinks package included in the booking.  We can see the prices of the packages on the app, and would like to upgrade to the premier package whilst there is a promotion on. At this point in time we have only paid a deposit and balance isn’t due until the end of May, we also online through a TA. Could anyone advise how we upgrade? We can’t seem to do it on the app? TIA. 

Go on Celebrity app.  Sign in.  Go to manage your reservation.  Scroll down to drink package. Classic to Premium upgrade.   Should come up.. I have an unpaid Eclipse for June, and I am able to upgrade without paying in full.  Also did specialty dining already.   If doesn't work, give a call to customer service...Good luck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Go on Celebrity app.  Sign in.  Go to manage your reservation.  Scroll down to drink package. Classic to Premium upgrade.   Should come up.. I have an unpaid Eclipse for June, and I am able to upgrade without paying in full.  Also did specialty dining already.   If doesn't work, give a call to customer service...Good luck

Thank you. 

1 minute ago, Petsgalore1624 said:

I have the same question. Downloaded the app, went to my reservation to edit, but only the "full" drink packages are available for sale, no upgrades. Interesting that upgrades do not show up.

Did you book through a TA? I had this problem last week, called Celebrity to upgrade and they couldn’t see the classic package on my account. My TA had not uploaded the upgraded. Once they did that I could see it. 

We booked the "all inclusive" (classic drink p and basic wifi) and it does show in the reservation. I can only purchase the full classic or full premium package, no possibility for just an upgrade. Same with wifi. Maybe I need to wait until on board?

2 hours ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Update, followed your advice and can now see the upgrade on the app.  Thank you so much. 

7 minutes ago, Petsgalore1624 said:

We booked the "all inclusive" (classic drink p and basic wifi) and it does show in the reservation. I can only purchase the full classic or full premium package, no possibility for just an upgrade. Same with wifi. Maybe I need to wait until on board?

You can call to upgrade. Worth doing in advance if there is a discount. 

30 minutes ago, catskier said:

I would wait to upgrade if you can. They may offer sale on this. I upgraded instead of about $14 pp per day, got for 10. For you longer cruise that can really add up.

No need to wait.  If you buy now and see it at a better price later on you can cancel then re-book at the new price.  I saved hundreds upgrading to a premium drinks package back in November. Same applies to shore excursions,  speciality dining and wifi.

Edited by kiwichick62
  • Like 2