Thought this was odd...Order of main shows

tbmrt

I've been checking the app for our upcoming SJ cruise and also looking at the various daily sheets from a similar 1/30 cruise. 

I understand that things change often, but I was surprised to see that many of the main shows on the 1/30 cruise were held on different days/times than the ones shown on our app. 

Thinking it would be easier for VV to keep the main shows on similar schedules for the same type cruises.  Just curious as to why they would move them around.  

3 hours ago, tbmrt said:

Thinking it would be easier for VV to keep the main shows on similar schedules for the same type cruises.  Just curious as to why they would move them around.  

They move around and are dropped constantly. No clue why VV does this but on every single cruise, the shows will change times and dates constantly throughout the cruise. Keep an eye on the app each morning and even throughout the day.  During our 8 night Valiant in November and our 4 night Scarlet in January the schedule was literally changing daily. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

They move around and are dropped constantly. No clue why VV does this but on every single cruise, the shows will change times and dates constantly throughout the cruise. Keep an eye on the app each morning and even throughout the day.  During our 8 night Valiant in November and our 4 night Scarlet in January the schedule was literally changing daily. 

I think the majority of the time if things move around mid-way through the cruise then it is either weather and sea conditions causing a show not being able to be performed or cast illness or injury.

I’ve noticed it being very different once on the ship compared to beforehand, but generally when it changed part way through the cruise there was an obvious reason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jon81uk said:

I think the majority of the time if things move around mid-way through the cruise then it is either weather and sea conditions causing a show not being able to be performed or cast illness or injury.

In our case it was a lot of events with Carlos the Diva. They dropped Bingo with the Diva, kept moving the times around for the rest of the week. Games and events at the Social Club kept popping up and disappearing. I kind of gave up planning anything in advance until the day of to see what the schedule was actually going to be. 

1 hour ago, CruisingWalter said:

In our case it was a lot of events with Carlos the Diva. They dropped Bingo with the Diva, kept moving the times around for the rest of the week. Games and events at the Social Club kept popping up and disappearing. I kind of gave up planning anything in advance until the day of to see what the schedule was actually going to be. 

This was likely the week that Carlos was sick....at least that's my guess.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cantgetin said:

This was likely the week that Carlos was sick....at least that's my guess.  

Nope, he was everywhere on the ship. No clue why they pulled him from the Bingo, but he pretty much did everything but.