Thoughts CocoCay and weather

On 2/3/2024 at 3:44 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

How are you looking up the weather and on what? I can't find Coco Cay on Accuweather or Weather.com - Nassau is the closest I can find.

Berry Islands of which CoCoCay is one of.

The weather in South Florida and vicinity has been poor this winter season. El Nino . Cool, gray, rainy almost every week December to date. I read El Nino will gradually weaken. Soon I hope.

Back from Coco Cay last Friday Feb 2,2024.  Turned out to be a great day, but water was real cold.  I got as far as my ankles and  chose to not get cold.  Not many in pools or beach water.  For whatever reason, we did not get any sense that it was crowded in any area.  Obviously, we did not go to every area, but the balloon ride as one example, was being discounted to around $70..  

Good news is with dock you don't miss Coco Cay due to moderately higher seas or mild/moderate winds.  

We were in Coco Cay with Icon of Seas and she is big!  We were on Marinor of Seas.

5 hours ago, sandebeach said:

Currently on Oasis and we are still docked at CocoCay. The Captain is waiting for the wind to change direction and then we can leave, probably within the next hour or two. 

That is a long delay. Is it going to affect the rest of the itinerary? Where are you going next?

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is a long delay. Is it going to affect the rest of the itinerary? Where are you going next?

We have a sea day today and Labadee on Thursday.  We left between midnight and about 4:30.  I woke up then and we were moving.  Captain said that we could make it to Labadee on time.

Lots of people wondering about refunds for extras.  Can you imagine paying $$$ for those cabanas and getting kicked out 4 hours early?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

As @ATG posted, today is sea day and we will be on time tomorrow for Labadee. We had gone to Hideaway Bay yesterday with friends, but it was so windy and cold at 69 degrees we only stayed for a half hour. 

1 hour ago, ATG said:

Lots of people wondering about refunds for extras.  Can you imagine paying $$$ for those cabanas and getting kicked out 4 hours early?

We had a water park cabana years ago, and were at CoCo Cay a few days before Hurricane Dorian.  The water slides and wave pool were shut for a few hours while we were there due to a thunder storm. We got a credit on our ship account. I think they would be doing the same thing for your situation. 

9 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

As @ATG posted, today is sea day and we will be on time tomorrow for Labadee. We had gone to Hideaway Bay yesterday with friends, but it was so windy and cold at 69 degrees we only stayed for a half hour. 

Hopefully the seas are not too crazy for you and @ATG.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hopefully the seas are not too crazy for you and @ATG.  

As the others have said we left around 2a. The waters got pretty choppy again by @3a and I looked out on the balcony and it was raining significantly enough. Has remained a see-saw like on the ship since. 
 Today is a sea day and we are scheduled to tomorrow’s port on time. 

Talked to some others who said Hideaway Beach experienced a good amount of beach damage. But not sure if true. 

Am enjoying the cruise anyway 😅 🎤

• Like 1

We were at Labadee last week. It was cloudy and looked like rain most of the morning. Afternoon we got some glimpses of sun, never rained. the air temperature was nice and the water was nice too. 

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

Did they charge you for that half hour?

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Did they charge you for that half hour?

I talked to a couple who decided not to leave the ship yesterday and they got a refund for Hideaway.

The funniest story was an older lady (I’m 70 and she seemed older than me).  Walking back to the ship she asked where the trams were and was told it was too dangerous for the trams.  In the next breath they told her to keep moving back to the ship.  So, too dangerous for trams but no help for an elderly lady? 

Today is windy but mostly sunny.  A little cooler than I would like, but nice.  Seas seem to have calmed some.  Earlier we watched the hot tub making waterfalls.

• Like 1