Post-Booking Questions

Swells1

Just booked for next year, and I have a few questions:

1. I wanted to take advantage of last month's deals, so I booked on Jan. 31st at 7pm through my online agent. Since they were closed for the night, I wasn't able to apply my MNVV certificate. I've emailed them with the certificate number, is there anything more I need to do? 

2. I'm not seeing my BDE perks on my account. Do I have to be PIF before they appear? (I didn't want to pay in full before the MNVV credit showed up.)

3. Is there a way to make the next 581 days go by faster?

I stared at BDE for ages before realizing that was Deep Blue Extras.  I thought that was valid thru 2024....have they extended it thru 2025?  Hard to keep up as VV has extended it at least 4 times already.

1-transfer your reservation to a gold tier agent.  They can help you with all the crap that VV might pull between now and boarding the ship and might even wind up adding a perk (depends on how many bookings they have on a given cruise, etc which can change given how far out you are)

22 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

I stared at BDE for ages before realizing that was Deep Blue Extras.  I thought that was valid thru 2024....have they extended it thru 2025?  Hard to keep up as VV has extended it at least 4 times already.

1-transfer your reservation to a gold tier agent.  They can help you with all the crap that VV might pull between now and boarding the ship and might even wind up adding a perk (depends on how many bookings they have on a given cruise, etc which can change given how far out you are)

Crap. Sorry about the typo.

I asked someone in sailor services about it and they assured me that we wouldn't be losing our perks. Of course, she could have been telling me what I wanted to hear to get rid of me. I've done that many times when working in customer service.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Swells1 said:

Crap. Sorry about the typo.

I asked someone in sailor services about it and they assured me that we wouldn't be losing our perks. Of course, she could have been telling me what I wanted to hear to get rid of me. I've done that many times when working in customer service.

Technically, I guess you are not losing DBE...but if it ends when it is currently scheduled, it will likely be replaced by the program that VV has supposedly been developing for the last few years.

The perks that VV gives thru agents are sporadic, some are based on the time you book (it agent has done a recent Zoom thing for guests with VV sales dept), and sometimes based on how many bookings they have on any given cruise.  And what you get varies.  That's not a thing to book for, but is a nice little extra.

I suppose you could move to a 2024 sailing, but most of the prices have increased.  Ask yourself which of the DBE perks you actually use and what they would cost to buy, then decide if it is worth changing your dates.

Ugh. I think I got it all straightened out. I did it wrong. Those MNVV certs HAVE to be applied at the time of booking. That my TA was out of office matters not. MNVV can't be applied to existing reservations, and even though it was only a few hours old, my reservation was existing. I have started the process of canceling and rebooking. Of course, the rate is $175 higher, but it's better than losing the $300 deposit. 

• Like 1