Bookings on MVJ while you are on the cruise you booked

dwlmg

I wish Viking would not delete a booking on My Viking Journey until after the cruise you had booked. Your return flight information is no longer accessible using Viking resources after you start your cruise. There is a possibility your flight may change. Yes you can carry your airline confirmation number with you but it would be nice to be able to see it on the MVJ site. If you booked Viking Air, being able to see the return flight through the Viking app would also be nice.

• Like 2

Ah, another reason confirming our decision to book air separately. Though I agree it would be preferable if the booking was not deleted in MVJ while on the ship.

The issue is that Viking transfers all the guest information to the ship the week before your cruise, and they are then "in charge".

Also, I would NEVER rely on the MVJ website for last minute airline changes, even if it were there. One should ALWAYS go the airline directly  (IMO) as MVJ may be significantly delayed. Easy enough to download the applicable airline(s) APP(s) and enter your info befoere the cruise

• Like 4

1 hour ago, formernuke said:

The issue is that Viking transfers all the guest information to the ship the week before your cruise, and they are then "in charge".

Also, I would NEVER rely on the MVJ website for last minute airline changes, even if it were there. One should ALWAYS go the airline directly  (IMO) as MVJ may be significantly delayed. Easy enough to download the applicable airline(s) APP(s) and enter your info befoere the cruise

Totally agree - and I always use Viking air. In addition, you can check with guest services as they have access to the latest air info.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dwlmg said:

I wish Viking would not delete a booking on My Viking Journey until after the cruise you had booked. Your return flight information is no longer accessible using Viking resources after you start your cruise. There is a possibility your flight may change. Yes you can carry your airline confirmation number with you but it would be nice to be able to see it on the MVJ site. If you booked Viking Air, being able to see the return flight through the Viking app would also be nice.

They send you all the info in your MVJ booking in a consolidated email as a PDF about 2 weeks before you leave.

However, I ALWAYS go directly to the airline site via the booking locator number they provide.  That is where you’ll get the most up to date info on your flight.

• Like 4

We ONLY use the airline site to monitor our air travel.  

If we have not flown the particular airline before, we download their App, and if it is a common airline that we fly we have their App.

We add alerts to every flight, track status, look at the inbound aircraft that is going to be our outbound aircraft etc.

This is the best way to go.

I also utilize the TripIt App - Paid Version - and often it alerts us to changes at the airport especially with gate assignments before the changes appear on the monitors at the airport.  If you have a long'ish layover often you can be at LHR and not know where your next flight is going to depart from...  TripIt in my experience shows the terminal and gate first. 

I rely totally on the Airline App notifications then you don't have to check all the time.

Edited by CDNPolar