5*comp diiner

kopykat

In the past, as a 5*, I have always been able to have my cabin mate comped for the dinner also. Currently on board the Rotterdam and guest services is telling me this is NOT so! Any ideas how to escalate this?

8 minutes ago, kopykat said:

In the past, as a 5*, I have always been able to have my cabin mate comped for the dinner also. Currently on board the Rotterdam and guest services is telling me this is NOT so! Any ideas how to escalate this?

Your cabin mate is entitled to the same benefits as you.  

I would ask for the head of Guest Services to start and show them this link - https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/ca/plan-a-cruise/get-ready-for-your-cruise/mariner-society

and this fact in particular.

IMG_1506.thumb.png.9d10dab1300120816a3415722d38483e.png

it states that specifically you both get the benefits of the higher mariner

edited to say - just saw the post suggesting to speak to the Mariner rep - good idea.

• Like 1

That GS person is mistaken!  I am only 4 star, but I've always received the same "perks" for my cabinmates - including all discounts in coffee shops, specialty dining, or whatever.  I'm sure it will be resolved favorably.  Let us know.

4 minutes ago, Moriah said:

That GS person is mistaken!  I am only 4 star, but I've always received the same "perks" for my cabinmates - including all discounts in coffee shops, specialty dining, or whatever.  I'm sure it will be resolved favorably.  Let us know.

Yes, the only caveat is both guests have to be on the same booking number. If they are on separate booking numbers then they don’t give the higher star benefit to the other guest. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, madera1 said:

Do you need to book your comped 5* dinner after you board the ship? I just turned 5 star and was curious as to how it works.

You can book it in advance, but it will require payment then. You get that payment back on board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1