Kids club booking and autism

Cloudyrain

We have cruised before, but not with Princess.

How is the kids club? Is it difficult to get slots? We have been with other companies where we had to set an alarm to book slots for the day, and if we were a few minutes over all the spaces were booked up. 

Also, how have people found the kids club have been for their autistic children? Our son has had mixed experiences, but generally he does like to go as long as he isn’t “forced” to participate in games etc. 

Thank you in advance 😊

Kids club is great.  My four year old daughter is thoroughly enjoying it on the Sapphire Princess right now.  I don't know about the other ships but it is a large space on the Sapphire and they run it three times a day 09:00 to 12:00, 14:00-17:00 and 19:00-22:00.  No appointment is necessary and they have fabulous activities for those that want to participate.  It really has helped us on the Antarctica cruise where she really didn't want to spend a lot of time outdoors looking at scenery.  

• Like 1

We have been on several princess cruises, and signing up for slots was never needed, even on sailings with a relatively high number of kids.

My son has autism that was undiagnosed at the time he was in kids club (ages 8-9, pre-covid), so we don't know what it looks like when you can give them a heads up, but I can say he did quite well in Princess kids club but did not do well in the club on another line during that timeframe. Both my kids prefer the princess club to other lines. The club has fun, structured activities. According to my kids, they are expected to participate in the scheduled activity but sometimes an alternative is offered. My son also struggles with being "forced" to do the activity, and he managed ok with having the alternative. I suspect you could also ask for specific alternatives for your son.

• Like 1

Thank you both so much. That’s really reassuring to here. Especially the fact we don’t need to book slots 🙂 

He never lasts long in there, but it’s nice to get an hour a day 😊

Both of our grandsons are on the spectrum.  They were 8 and 3 at the time we sailed. Both levels of the club were excellent , especially for our 3 year old.  The staff were very accommodating.  They both couldn't wait to go each day. 

• Like 1