Ensenada for a Day- Ideas?

We recently returned a cruise on Carnival Radiance, and Ensenada was our port. We did a tour with Experience Ensenada. Found him on social media and he gets really good reviews. The tour was maybe 3-4 hours along and included some food stops, tequila tasting, margaritas. I highly recommend it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2024 at 12:45 PM, Buckett said:

We recently returned a cruise on Carnival Radiance, and Ensenada was our port. We did a tour with Experience Ensenada. Found him on social media and he gets really good reviews. The tour was maybe 3-4 hours along and included some food stops, tequila tasting, margaritas. I highly recommend it.

Do you have a name or link to his site? I tried to Google it, but Experience Ensenada is a very generic search term. TIA.

18 hours ago, awinner said:

Do you have a name or link to his site? I tried to Google it, but Experience Ensenada is a very generic search term. TIA.

Not sure if we're allowed to post links, but if you take those 2 words and add dot com, that's his website. His name is Noe. 

This is what we do when we visit Ensenada. 
Do a little shopping

Eat lunch (Muelle 3 and La Cocedora de Langosta are our favorites)

‘then a Margarita at Hussongs

If you like wine a trip to valle de Guadalupe could be worthwhile.

La Bufadora is nice, (and Tacos Lidia Yum) but is  a long bus ride. 

On 3/4/2024 at 3:30 PM, Buckett said:

Not sure if we're allowed to post links, but if you take those 2 words and add dot com, that's his website. His name is Noe. 

Found him! Thanks. After talking with him, I realized that nothing is included in the tour but the views and transportation. You buy all your own food and alcohol along the way, at least that's how I understood it. The views though did look unbelievable! We've been to Ensenada many times. This time we were looking for a food tour that might include a beer or 2. Or we can just do a Margarita or 2 at Hussongs, then walk over to grab a taco or 2 at Tacos Fenix.

On 3/6/2024 at 9:47 PM, awinner said:

Or we can just do a Margarita or 2 at Hussongs

Have you ever been to Bar Andaluz?  It's worth a visit if you haven't been and the margaritas there are quite good as well.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I'd like to piggyback off this if that is acceptable for the forum rules and etiquette. I'm going on the Radiance for a short 2 nighter in September with Ensenada being our only port of call. I was there for a few hours in 2021 but my friends had "been there/done that" and didn't want to do much after lunch.

So, this time I'll be headed into town solo and I'm wondering if... I should book a Carnival excursion to either bar hop or do the beer and tequila experience. Or should I just head to town and bar hop on my own for a few hours? If so, what bars are going to be good ones to hit? I watched some Papas and Beer videos on YT and decided I'm not looking for an overpriced tourist trap like that. Just seeking some safe, chill bars with good quality spirits, and good people... maybe even some bourbons?

Thanks! 

We did our own walking tour in Ensenada last November and hit mostly taco stands. I printed out a map and we researched and mapped out recommendations from YouTube.  We like breweries and most of them don't open until later in the day.  We had El Corralito on our list even though we heard it was real touristy, but we really enjoyed it.  Don't sit outside, sit inside at the bar.  Great margarita's!  Really nice people.  Yeah...avoid Papas and Beer.  Hussong's is empty during the day, but it's nice to visit just because it's famous.  (the bathrooms were disgusting though, glad I took toilet paper!) 😁

We have a stop in Ensenada in August and decided to book a food tour through the ship this time. I believe El Corralito is one of the stops on the tour. It's called Ultimate Local Food Teller. The other beer and tequila tasting tour we tried to book last time was cancelled and we weren't notified until the night before. They said not enough people booked it. 

• Like 2

On 7/21/2024 at 2:19 PM, pppiglet said:

We did our own walking tour in Ensenada last November and hit mostly taco stands. I printed out a map and we researched and mapped out recommendations from YouTube.  We like breweries and most of them don't open until later in the day.  We had El Corralito on our list even though we heard it was real touristy, but we really enjoyed it.  Don't sit outside, sit inside at the bar.  Great margarita's!  Really nice people.  Yeah...avoid Papas and Beer.  Hussong's is empty during the day, but it's nice to visit just because it's famous.  (the bathrooms were disgusting though, glad I took toilet paper!) 😁

We have a stop in Ensenada in August and decided to book a food tour through the ship this time. I believe El Corralito is one of the stops on the tour. It's called Ultimate Local Food Teller. The other beer and tequila tasting tour we tried to book last time was cancelled and we weren't notified until the night before. They said not enough people booked it. 

Do you have that map in a shareable format? I'd love to check it out! Thanks for the advice.

On 7/21/2024 at 2:19 PM, pppiglet said:

(the bathrooms were disgusting though, glad I took toilet paper!) 😁

Rule No. 1!  I always bring those small packets of Kleenex in my knapsack.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2024 at 5:11 PM, Mike45LC said:

Rule No. 1!  I always bring those small packets of Kleenex in my knapsack

You bet!  Just off the Firenze and had to use my packet twice.  Once at the port of Ensenada and believe it or not, once on the ship!  

On 7/24/2024 at 11:36 AM, leitmotif said:

Do you have that map in a shareable format? I'd love to check it out! Thanks for the advice.

I wish I had it. In fact we just got off the Firenze today and I know I took my copy with me, but I can't find it at the moment.  

The Ultimate Local Food Teller tour did not go to the places we had been to before on our own (or that someone had posted on their tour).  I guess they may change them around a bit. It was a really good tour though and we ate some good food.  We stopped for a shrimp taco, then a candy store, then tequila/Mezcal tasting and upstairs they had us try some smoked marlin with some chips and a small ceviche tostada. We also stopped for a fish taco, then a churro place, and then another tequila tasting.  All were good.  After the tour was over, we went back to the ship on our own and stopped at El Guero for a seafood tostada right before you get back into the port area.  That was delicious!  $235 pesos and it filled a whole plate.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...