Princess cabin categories and upgrade bids

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We cruised in D424 on Majestic once. Great balcony!

20181118_113142.thumb.jpg.83a81dcaff43673d99dcd625d2535904.jpg

Ah that was you next door...

You can't sit like that on a S4 Penthouse suite cabin by the concierge lounge..(I've had one many times).

I always go for E428 or E429.

My sister takes E432 or E433.

We open the balcony divider to join one massive private balcony...

Suite passengers eat your heart out 😁

You can't upgrade me from that! (well maybe an aft suite on Deck 9 or 11 if they said please....)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

I agree that Royal does suite perks better, or they did compared to the older Princess ships. The Royal class Princess suites have a concierge lounge pretty much the same as Royal Caribbean, and the concierge is usually more attentive. For these Princess ships, we are back to having base suites with standard fare.

Yeah Royal class ships were a step up, but still think Princess need to lift their game when it comes to their suite product generally.

Will give them a go again when I book the Sphere class. Looks like they've improved the product there to justify the spend. Although the Reserve collection Cabana cabins look tempting as well. 

(I'd be happy to accept an upgrade there if I hadn't booked one already).

One must dip one's toes in the pool of indulgence now and then....

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Lanwood said:

Ah that was you next door...

You can't sit like that on a S4 Penthouse suite cabin by the concierge lounge..(I've had one many times).

I always go for E428 or E429.

My sister takes E432 or E433.

We open the balcony divider to join one massive private balcony...

Suite passengers eat your heart out 😁

You can't upgrade me from that! (well maybe an aft suite on Deck 9 or 11 if they said please....)

Although we loved that balcony we're unlikely to cruise on a Royal class ship again, they are just too big for us. And since Princess is now sending bigger and bigger ships here we'll probably have to find alternatives. It's a shame Cunard won't be homeporting here in future, we really liked our recent cruise on QE.

13 minutes ago, Lanwood said:

Yeah Royal class ships were a step up, but still think Princess need to lift their game when it comes to their suite product generally.

Will give them a go again when I book the Sphere class. Looks like they've improved the product there to justify the spend. Although the Reserve collection Cabana cabins look tempting as well. 

(I'd be happy to accept an upgrade there if I hadn't booked one already).

One must dip one's toes in the pool of indulgence now and then....

They way Princess is going with cutbacks it will be far below indulgence level soon.

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Although we loved that balcony we're unlikely to cruise on a Royal class ship again, they are just too big for us. And since Princess is now sending bigger and bigger ships here we'll probably have to find alternatives. It's a shame Cunard won't be homeporting here in future, we really liked our recent cruise on QE.

Yes, is a Shame. We just came off the QE last month. Very much enjoyed it.

12 minutes ago, Lanwood said:

Yes, is a Shame. We just came off the QE last month. Very much enjoyed it.

So did we. Which cruise were you on? We did the 7 night Tasmania cruise that departed from Sydney 15th Jan.

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

So did we. Which cruise were you on? We did the 7 night Tasmania cruise that departed from Sydney 15th Jan.

Ah ha...I think you've been following me all these years...

Was on the one just before you getting off in the pouring rain as you were getting on. Wanted to give her a test drive to compare against their QM which I was already familiar with. And to see how another cruise line had decked out a Vista class to compare with HAL.

You've beat me to the world cruise on Coral though. Very jealous. If only work didn't keep getting in the way of my priorities.....

Just now, Lanwood said:

Ah ha...I think you've been following me all these years...

Was on the one just before you getting off in the pouring rain as you were getting on. Wanted to give her a test drive to compare against their QM which I was already familiar with. And to see how another cruise line had decked out a Vista class to compare with HAL.

You've beat me to the world cruise on Coral though. Very jealous. If only work didn't keep getting in the way of my priorities.....

Retirement is great! 😁

We waited until the rain eased before heading down to the OPT. We've had two experiences of having to wait for an hour or more in pouring rain before being allowed to embark so didn't want to risk a third. Thank goodness for rain radar!