Boston cruise parking

I posted this on the East Coast boards but only got a few responses and none of them really answered my question so I'm going to try here.

Myself and a friend are cruising from Boston on a 15 day Royal Caribbean cruise to Canada and Greenland in September.  I just checked parking and the rate quoted for parking at the port was $570!!!  I searched and found parking in a lot on Black Falcon Avenue through ParkWhiz for $212.  Has anyone parked here and how far is it to the port and is it safe?  That's certainly a big difference in price.  We are driving from NJ so arriving the day before.  TYIA for any help.

Logan Express in Braintree is (I believe) $7.00 per day to park.  You could the grab an Uber to the port (approx 11 miles) …If arriving the day before, right around the corner from Logan Express is a Hyatt - 

when we flight out of Boston, this is what we do. Park there because between Braintree and the airport and cruise port is the worst traffic. Call to verify the per day parking rate but that is what we paid last October.

4 hours ago, flipflop59 said:

Logan Express in Braintree is (I believe) $7.00 per day to park.  You could the grab an Uber to the port (approx 11 miles) …If arriving the day before, right around the corner from Logan Express is a Hyatt - 

when we flight out of Boston, this is what we do. Park there because between Braintree and the airport and cruise port is the worst traffic. Call to verify the per day parking rate but that is what we paid last October.

I'm confused by this.  I went to their website and didn't see anything about parking for a cruise.  

It's not parking for a cruise - usually for the airport - but you certainly can park there to go where ever you need in the Boston area....they have a shuttle from Logan Express to the airport for an additional $9.00 per person each way...you could shuttle to the airport and then arrange RCL shuttle to the port to the airport...but taking an Uber from Logan express to the port would be more direct....Logan Express has been a game changer for me now allowing flying out of Boston as an option vs PVD....traffic situation into Boston is insane...parking there and shuttling to the airport cuts out the worst of the traffic out....

If you go to Massport.com they offer parking on Fargo St. for cruises.  I used them for a September 2023 cruise - I don’t remember exact price for parking for my 11 day cruise, but it was around $200 or so.  They have shuttles that run back and forth from the cruise terminal.  It’s surface parking in a fenced lot - when I arrived around 10 AM there was no attendant to tell you where to park, I just pulled up to a car already parked there and put my confirmation on my dashboard.  By the time I pulled my luggage out of the car, several others had parked and one of the shuttles had arrived.  If you feel like dragging your luggage, you can walk to the port - it’s about two blocks.

• 2 months later...

The description in ParkWhiz of the lot 1 Black Falcon Ave says "This location is only used for Cruise Ships that come in on Friday." (and the cruise in question leaves Saturday).  I opened a ticket with ParkWhiz to confirm that, and they referred me to the operator of the lot at (617) 482-2487, who confirmed that there is only someone there on Fridays, and there is no automated entry into the lot. So that looks like a no-go.

The official Massport lot 93 Fargo St is $450 ($30/day). I haven't found anything better yet... if you find something, please let me know!

On 2/11/2024 at 6:05 PM, OCVTSGIRL said:

Any other thoughts on the parking through ParkWhiz???

You might want to ask this on the east coast departure board.