Photo Packages

dontpanik

Hello, I searched the boards for the answer and could not find it so here goes:

We will be first time sailors on Princess and I am very confused about their photo packages.  Let me start by saying we do not drink, we do not want wifi, we do not want a fitness class, and we do not intend to eat at any casual dining venues so the Plus or Premiere packages do absolutely nothing for us but prepay gratuities.  This is what is on the website:

Photo Packages

Photo Packages 5-Photo Package $89.00
5-Photo Package $89.00

Our professional photographers capture your memories at sea. Choose your 5 favorite photos from our Snap Shots, Cruise Moments and Perfect Portraits prints and receive the digital files for free on a souvenir thumb drive. This includes a 10% savings compared to onboard pricing for the same package.

ADD TO CART
Photo Packages 10-Photo Package $169.00  
10-Photo Package  $169.00
Our professional photographers capture your memories at sea. Choose your 10 favorite photos from our Snap Shots, Cruise Moments and Perfect Portraits prints and receive the digital files for free on a souvenir thumb drive. This includes a 10% savings compared to onboard pricing for the same package.

The part I am hazy on is the digital copies: are they all the photos taken or only copies of the ones you had printed?  Can someone who actually knows let me know?

You can have MANY more photos taken by photographers all throughout the ship.  Then you pick the ones you like the best.  This is what you would receive in digital form.  If you were to get the Premier package (I know you've already said you were not interested int he other perks) you would receive *every* picture taken.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dontpanik said:

The part I am hazy on is the digital copies: are they all the photos taken or only copies of the ones you had printed?  Can someone who actually knows let me know?

It is a digital file of the ones you had printed.  The last time we did not get a thumb drive.  The files were transferred to our phone.

• Like 1

The photo packages you asked about are for a specified number of print AND paper photos. If you only want digital photos, it’s cheaper to buy the individual digital images - the last time I bought digital only, they were $15 each and I downloaded them onto my phone. The packages with paper and digital are more expensive than $15 for each image. 

• Like 1

I am like you, don't need all the things listed with the Premier package, but I AM a person that WANTS my pictures, as they ARE my memories, so thus, that is why I decided to get the Premier package, as it covers ALL photos, no matter whether they are taken on/off the ship!