Am I crazy to book this?

beancounterbeth

We need a flight from Tulsa, OK to Miami 8/26/06 returning on 9/3/06 for our cruise. I have been watching the prices but they don't seem to be budging. $355.70 is what they stand at right now. Last year at the exact same time I only paid $200 per person. I know I have 5 months until the cruise but I am worried that with the way gas prices have been going that the price will only increase on the flight.

Am I crazy for paying that much and this far in advance? Should I hold off?

I would hold off. I just booked my airfare a couple of weeks ago on Spirit after considering American. The American prices went up $100 overnight. I ended up booking with Spirit, out od DTW into FLL for 200 round trip. I could not ask for a better deal! I just kept checking my prices.

Decision is a tough one. All depends on what happens with fuel prices and Delta. If Delta employees go on strike it will likely close the airline down, thus fewer seats, thus higher costs. If no strike costs will be dependant on what happens to fuel costs.

You are attempting to travel Labor Day weekend. and back to school time. Seats are already pretty limited and the real cheapos are gone. American has a lot of flights open to FLL and the cheapest that works for a cruise is $295.00 all in. MIA is about $50.00 more and is due to the higher airport fees.

Since it is Labor Day weekend, I don't see the price dropping much. And I hardly ever see sales from DFW to Miami. Right now AA has a "fare sale" through December from DFW to FLL-$228.00 plus taxes and fees. So for about $50.00 per ticket more, you can fly from Tulsa. Probably the best price you will get, especially since there is the "fare sale" to FLL.

Sat, Aug 26 TUL to FLL 9:04a-3:24p AA 489 connecting in DFW to 1632

Sun, Sept 3 FLL to TUL 1:11p-5:48p AA 1209 connecting in DFW to 3657

If your cruise arrives in Miami and you think this flight is too tight, there is a plane at 2:08, arriving Tulsa at about 7:00PM.

All except the last segment coming home is on a large jet-757 or MD80.

Coming from Tulsa, I think you are better off booking now and not waiting. If you are like Little Rock, your only low cost carrier is Southwest, which means there isn't much competition. Fares here only rise, they very rarely fall. And as somebody said, you are trying to travel on Labor Day weekend.

Archived