Bergen

I was wondering if this a port call that we can find tours on arrival in Bergen.  I understand there is a HOHO too.

I would appreciate any recommendations of companies offering tours that we can book pre-cruise.

Thanks

Can't help with the tours, but yes there is a HOHO bus. We took it in Bergen. First, we went to the university and walked around their gardens there as the museums were not yet open. We then visited one of the museums there. Then we went to Kode, 4 museums there. (DW is an art teacher, now retired). Then we went to the Funicular, and finally back to the ship.

Note--the HOHO bus shows 2 dock stops as there are 2 different docks. So if you take it make sure you go back to the right dock for your ship.

Tours on arrival aren’t really a thing in Norway.

Bergen will be more likely than I have same-day options compared to other towns, given that it’s a tourist destination in its own right. You may be able to book something on arrival if you know where to go, but don’t expect much being offered at the pier. You’d probably need to head to the tourism office or the tour operator itself.

The downtown highlights like the Bryggen waterfront and the Fløibanen funicular are easy enough to do on your own (go early to the Fløibanen to avoid the cruise tour crowd). Some of the more distant sights like Grieg’s estate can be managed by public transit with a bit of planning.

I’d definitely recommend looking at options ahead of time:

https://en.visitbergen.com/

• Like 1