Boarding Pass on New Princess App

birdiebill

For Elite members without Medallion on hand and app showing "Blue lane", can the Elite member still go directly to the "Elite and Suite guests lane" or must line up at the "Blue lane"?  We will be boarding at San Pedro tomorrow.  

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

For Elite members without Medallion on hand and app showing "Blue lane", can the Elite member still go directly to the "Elite and Suite guests lane" or must line up at the "Blue lane"?  We will be boarding at San Pedro tomorrow.  

I have not seen Elite Suite lines at embarkation for quite awhile just green and blue lines. If you are super early and go through blue to get your medallion then you can still go to elite suite lounge until they start boarding. We never show up before noon or one so never worry about it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have not seen Elite Suite lines at embarkation for quite awhile just green and blue lines. If you are super early and go through blue to get your medallion then you can still go to elite suite lounge until they start boarding. We never show up before noon or one so never worry about it

Thank you.  

We used San Pedro port for embarkation in Nov. 2022 for Discovery Princess, and back then there was a line for Elite and Suite.  Of course, at that time, Medallion was not needed to be in "green".

The check-in staff at the San Pedro port will be happy to scan your boarding pass to look up your records, but if you do not have the boarding pass, no big deal, they can also use your cabin number or your last name for lookup. I'm not sure about the security lines, though. On the other hand, passport books, passport cards, or birth certificates are required. Check that you have current versions with you. It is very sad to see people getting turned away because they brought expired passports or forgot them altogether.

There are only two lines at San Pedro, green lane and blue lane. No elite or suite lines. Once you check in, the elite folks (those with black medallions) get to wait in a separate elite lounge (just a slightly separate area with chairs and a few non-alcoholic drinks). Platinum level passengers have a different reserved seating area, no drinks though. Everyone else has to find seats on the other side, or just stand. This is only while waiting for boarding to start, normally around 11:00. At that point, elites get to board first, then platinum, then those of us in the teaming masses. That all clears out in about 15-30 minutes, then everyone who arrives after that can board at their leisure.

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2024 at 9:31 AM, birdiebill said:

I realize the boarding pass is seldom even viewed when boarding.  But in our new app, it states that the boarding pass will appear 11 days prior to sailing.  We are just within nine days prior.  We are in the green lane with our medallions to be delivered today.  The old app has been displaying boarding passes for two days.  Is it just me or do the passes not show up in the new one?  If they show up, where in the new app do they appear.

Checked the new app, nowhere does it show where to select a boarding pass.  And from what I've read here--- not needed.  Also, the new app doesn't allow you to print the luggage tags, the old app did. 

14 minutes ago, Pickels said:

Checked the new app, nowhere does it show where to select a boarding pass.  And from what I've read here--- not needed.  Also, the new app doesn't allow you to print the luggage tags, the old app did. 

Posted just now

We did not need the boarding pass when we recently boarded the Enchanted Princess in Port Everglades on Feb 16.  If I remember correctly, the luggage tags were available on the new app; but perhaps I just printed them off the website on my desktop.

If the luggage tags are available on the new app, they would be on the main page.  In the middle where the check in tab is, if a person scrolls that line to the left, luggage tags will appear only after final payment date.  Same line of tabs has the boarding pass but only when cruise is within 10 to 15 days.  But boarding pass not really needed.

I print out the "boarding pass" just to have written documentation to show that we are on this cruise.  You never know,  medallions can get lost, phone batteries can die, internet may be down etc.  Also it show what you have paid for incase there is an issue on board with drink packages, excursions etc.   Showing up with only a "boarding pass" and a passport in hand and not having done ANY pre cruise checking in stuff on the app or on a computer will still get you on the ship.  It just may take a few minutes longer.