please help pick a set of binoculars

I'm looking to buy a set for an upcoming Alaska cruise but will likely bring whatever I buy on subsequent cruises/travel. I fly to my debarkation ports and am short with little hands which is why I'm looking at smaller binoculars. Right now, I am deciding between Steiner Peregrine 8x32 and Vortex Diamondback HD 8x32. I can get either for around $200. Both get good reviews and have lifetime warranties. waterproof and fog proof. Any reason to choose one over the other? My biggest fear is that my Alaska days will be very overcast, and I won't be able to make out any whales/wildlife because my binoculars aren't bringing in enough light. Other than cloud cover, I don't plan on using them in low light situations (dusk/dawn)

I don't want to go up to 42mm due to the increase in size.

Thanks for any insight.

There are a whole bunch of binocular comparison sites on the WEB.  Do a bit of WEB sleuthing and check them out.  All I can say is that both brands are well respected.  The only way that you can find out which you like is to go to some place that has both of them and see how they feel to me.  Buying them on line does not let you make that comparison.  The last time I bought new binocs I spend a couple of hours at the place I ended up buying them checking out different options.

DON

@donaldsc Thanks for the reply. I have done a lot of research which helped me narrow it down to those two. I was originally looking at a cheap set of Bushnell's then realized how much nicer I could get by spending a bit more. I think I will try the Steiners first. I like how they look more than the Vortex ones. I did call a local Steiner dealer, but they didn't carry the Peregrine. I have a bit of time though. My cruise isn't until June. 

4 hours ago, reeinaz said:

@donaldsc Thanks for the reply. I have done a lot of research which helped me narrow it down to those two. I was originally looking at a cheap set of Bushnell's then realized how much nicer I could get by spending a bit more. I think I will try the Steiners first. I like how they look more than the Vortex ones. I did call a local Steiner dealer, but they didn't carry the Peregrine. I have a bit of time though. My cruise isn't until June. 

It is certainly good idea to have some hands on testing of the binoculars before buying as that way you know that the ergonomics suit you. I would also suggest that you do practice a bit using your new binoculars before the cruise.

I went with the Steiners and they arrived yesterday. I like how they look and they feel good in my hands and on my face. I can reach the focus knob with no problem. They do feel a bit heavy. I'm not used to holding anything heavier than my iPhone. I couldn't imagine getting a bigger set, but I have time to get used to them and also loosen them up.