Burial at Sea on the Discovey

20 hours ago, coloradocruisers101 said:

Hello wonderful board members and again thank you for your amazing posts.  Just one more question about the crew that helps us on this special occasion.  Do we tip?  I know this is very sensitive area.  I did buy a few small gifts, a small key chain that says “dreaming of the sea” complete with a turtle and a book mark that has  “thank you for being part of my story” printed on it.   Just not sure what is appropriate.

I think the small gifts will be appreciated.  Funny, as an insurance agent, I have never been tipped 😀😆😢

Cheers to all!

When I did the burial at sea on the Crown, for my wife, last October the only person, I had any contact with was from Passenger Services. There two from security to keep people from walking past me on the Promenade Deck but I briefly walked past one of them. I didn't tip anyone. I guess tipping or expressing one's appreciation would be a personal choice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 2:30 PM, coloradocruisers101 said:

Good day fellow Cruisecritics family.

I have researched this topic, but just wondering if anybody had a recent experience.  Will be on the Discovery next month and currently setting up a burial at sea for my Mom.  I purchased a biodegradable turtle (her favorite) urn and am bringing her death certificate and cremation info.  I want to also throw tulips and roses with her (also her favorites).  I have the understanding that Princess is very respectable and this is a private time.  I know I will be a mess, but she always wanted to go on a cruise.  We booked one for us to go with her, but she got sick and passed before our sail date.  So with that said, she will be going on her first cruise.  Thank you in advance for you thoughts and sensitivity.

The Sawyers

That is respectful and wonderful.  This way Mom will be on a cruise for eternity.  I'm sure she would approve!

Elvis

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...