Flybus from Skarfabakki cruise terminal to KEF airport

Junk man

My cruise disembark at this cruise terminal and my return flight leaves KEF at 10am.

Based on Flybus website, they have hourly schedule early in the morning.

I think there is a stop in Skarfabakki cruise terminal. Most likely transfer to BSI BUS TERMINAL first and then to KEF airport.

Probably 5am or 6am pickup works for us, arriving KEF at 6:15 / 7:15.

I believe it may be the most economical way.

I am wondering if anyone use this service.

Thanks

Thousands of folks use Flybus every week.  It is the most economical way to get from the city to the airport and vice versa.

If you have 3 or more people, a taxi might make more sense, though

1 hour ago, Nitemare said:

Thousands of folks use Flybus every week.  It is the most economical way to get from the city to the airport and vice versa.

If you have 3 or more people, a taxi might make more sense, though

Thanks for your reply.

I know Flybus transfer between BSI terminal and KEF airport. My specific question is about picking up from the cruise terminal.

Did you take this transfer before? Does it always require advanced booking or the route from the cruise terminal to KEF is a regular scheduled service?

19 hours ago, Junk man said:

Thanks for your reply.

I know Flybus transfer between BSI terminal and KEF airport. My specific question is about picking up from the cruise terminal.

Did you take this transfer before? Does it always require advanced booking or the route from the cruise terminal to KEF is a regular scheduled service?

I have not taken the FlyBus from the cruiseport, only from a downtown hotel, with the BSI transfer.  If they list the cruiseport as an option I'm not sure why it might not work

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2024 at 11:34 AM, Junk man said:

Thanks for your reply.

I pre-booked the Flybus transfer from Skarfabakki to BSI To KEF for our cruise this summer for a  630am pickup for our 1030am flight. I didn't want to chance the bus being fulland missing our flight.

1 minute ago, grmmybtty said:

I pre-booked the Flybus transfer from Skarfabakki to BSI To KEF for our cruise this summer for a  630am pickup for our 1030am flight. I didn't want to chance the bus being fulland missing our flight.

Thanks for your reply. I am wondering if you noticed other cruise guests taking the same bus as yours. How full was your bus? I am trying to find a reliable transfer service avoiding expensive service from the cruise company.

Just now, Junk man said:

Thanks for your reply. I am wondering if you noticed other cruise guests taking the same bus as yours. How full was your bus? I am trying to find a reliable transfer service avoiding expensive service from the cruise company.

I'm sorry that I cannot answer your question as we have not taken our cruise yet. We were in Reykjavic in 2019 and there were at least 3 ships in port. We were on a London-London cruise and did not disembark then, but took that into consideration when I booked the transfers. At €68 for two of us, the cost is only a small fraction of what the cruise ship is charging.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hi TickTock01

If you go to this webpage 

https://www.re.is/pick-up-locations/

You should be able to find 'Skarfabakki Harbour' pick-up location at the pier.

Please note that a shuttle bus will pick you up from here to BSI Bus Terminal first. Then, you change to a bigger bus from the Bus Terminal to the airport.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 1:23 PM, Junk man said:

On 3/27/2024 at 1:23 PM, Junk man said:

1 hour ago, blackfly said:

Doesn’t the cruise line offer a transfer?

included only if you purchased air with them.

additional charge otherwise.

i will find out how much after getting on board. therefore, need to prepare for public transportation option.

6 minutes ago, Junk man said:

included only if you purchased air with them.

additional charge otherwise.

i will find out how much after getting on board. therefore, need to prepare for public transportation option.

NCL's transfer from Skarfabakki Harbour' to Keflavik airport is $75 per person. I called and asked yesterday while mulling over my options.

21 hours ago, Ellis1138 said:

NCL's transfer from Skarfabakki Harbour' to Keflavik airport is $75 per person. I called and asked yesterday while mulling over my options.

About half that price if you book it on your own through FlyBus. Just yesterday Flybus quoted me about $36 US

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ticktock01 said:

About half that price if you book it on your own through FlyBus. Just yesterday Flybus quoted me about $36 US

Thanks. I do have mobility issues, so unsure about the bus changeover at BSI.

Edited by Ellis1138