Thermal Suite on Refurbished Joy

So  the Joy is scheduled to start sailing again next week, after being refurbished in dry dock.  I'm hoping someone on one of the initial sailings can describe how the new Thermal Suite on the Joy compares to other thermal suites.   In particular, I would like to know if there is a heated pool and hot tubs.  Thank you.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, GeorgiaGirl14 said:

So  the Joy is scheduled to start sailing again next week, after being refurbished in dry dock.  I'm hoping someone on one of the initial sailings can describe how the new Thermal Suite on the Joy compares to other thermal suites.   In particular, I would like to know if there is a heated pool and hot tubs.  Thank you.

I don't believe it will have a pool or hot tubs. None of the press releases to date nor any of the design renderings have shown a pool or hot tub.

That explains a lot.  I'm on the April 14 Bermuda sailing.  The website has been listing a price for access to the Thermal Spa for the cruise, but repeated attempts to add Spa access to my booking have been unsuccessful.  I even called NCL and the consultant didn't know why the purchase wouldn't go through. 

66Olds442 if you, or someone else, could investigate while you are on board, if there will indeed be no pool or hot tubs, I would really appreciate it. My hubby recently had surgery and a hot tub might work for him when we are scheduled.  However, standing under a water feature probably would not.

7 hours ago, GeorgiaGirl14 said:

66Olds442 if you, or someone else, could investigate while you are on board, if there will indeed be no pool or hot tubs, I would really appreciate it. My hubby recently had surgery and a hot tub might work for him when we are scheduled.  However, standing under a water feature probably would not.

I would just take advantage of the free hot tub in Spice H2O.  Adding pools or spas to the thermal suite would require significant structural work, which is why they are going with water features and extra heated loungers instead.

We have a March '25 booking on the Joy pending the reports and reviews of the Thermal Spa.  For us the Thermal Spa is a big part of our cruise enjoyment.  However, we likely will not enjoy a spa without a therapy pool and hot tub, similar to the other spas in the fleet.  

Anxiously awaiting the first official sighting of the new layout!

• Like 4

We sail for spring break in a couple of weeks.  I have heard that the Spa was not completed.  There is a section on the NCL website to book week passes for the Thermal Spa, but you cannot add it to the cart.  That seems to confirm this rumor.  I suppose either SAS or I will be able to confirm soon enough.

Edited by K_S

On 2/10/2024 at 9:00 AM, 66Olds442 said:

I'll be on the initial sailing after drydock. NCL has let passengers know the thermal suites will not be complete during this sailing.

We are unable to book for 9 March. When I called my CAS rep I  was told the spa may not be ready before we board.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sasand01 said:

I'll be on the February 24th sailing and plan to buy the spa pass if its available! Will report back!!

can you also please report on vibe cabanas?
Are you able to buy them online yet? Have heard it’s not ready, but since the 1st cruise is a TA in Feb, they may have reprioritized. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sasand01 said:

I'll be on the February 24th sailing and plan to buy the spa pass if its available! Will report back!!

Same here!!   Really hope they get it finished!

• Like 2

On 2/13/2024 at 8:10 AM, JamesIowa said:

can you also please report on vibe cabanas?
Are you able to buy them online yet? Have heard it’s not ready, but since the 1st cruise is a TA in Feb, they may have reprioritized. 

When I booked my March 16th cruise the VIBE was only offered per person price no cabanas. 

I can confirm that I can go in for the 3/9 cruise and add the pass to my cart and check out with it.  I was thinking about it for my wife and I, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.  Assuming they get the rest of the work done on the TA they need to do, it would be nice to have for upcoming cruise in 3 weeks.

2 hours ago, SliderNc said:

I can confirm that I can go in for the 3/9 cruise and add the pass to my cart and check out with it.  I was thinking about it for my wife and I, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.  Assuming they get the rest of the work done on the TA they need to do, it would be nice to have for upcoming cruise in 3 weeks.

Not sure how you are able for the March 9 sailing.  Both myself and the Haven concierge get the same error currently.  You can see the pricing, check the boxes, but adding to a cart is not enabled...at least for us.  I just tried it once more right now after reading your post.

thermal_spa.jpg

Edited by K_S

On 2/10/2024 at 9:00 AM, 66Olds442 said:

I'll be on the initial sailing after drydock. NCL has let passengers know the thermal suites will not be complete during this sailing.

Looking at doing the Joy next year for Spring Break out of Miami.  Wondering what your thoughts are since the drydock?

On 2/11/2024 at 9:45 AM, JandC_Cruising said:

We have a March '25 booking on the Joy pending the reports and reviews of the Thermal Spa.  For us the Thermal Spa is a big part of our cruise enjoyment.  However, we likely will not enjoy a spa without a therapy pool and hot tub, similar to the other spas in the fleet.  

Anxiously awaiting the first official sighting of the new layout!

Same here.   We are on in June and don't want to buy the thermal spa pass until we can confirm whether or not there is a therapy pool

• Like 3