Thermal Suite on Refurbished Joy

17 hours ago, OrcaGirl said:

I like the overall aesthetic, but as others have mentioned, without the pool, it'll likely be a 'try it once with a day pass and never again' for me.

I do have concerns about the stairs to the hot tub. Maybe it's the angle, but they look super-steep and seem to only have a handrail on one side? And the step tile looks like just plain tile, nothing to make it non-slip.

As documented on my recent 'live from the Bliss' last week, my mom fell and fractured her ankle (plus two broken toes and ligament damage in her knee) right in front of the thermal spa hot tub, so I'm paying more attention to these details.

Stairs are very narrow but they have to be since the spa is added after the fact.  Same narrow stairs for plunge pool.

15 hours ago, GeorgiaGirl14 said:

Could you take a picture of the Plunge Pool?  How cold is it?  Is the idea to have a place to cool off after the sauna?

I did it after the steam and the sauna.  Just went for it and jumped in.  The cold transition takes tour breath away.  Was with my friend but had to pretend it wasn’t that cold… Couldn’t speak for first five seconds but pulled it off as no big deal…. He jumped in thinking it was not going to be that cold… 🥶 Oh did he get a surprise.  Wow !!  Highly recommend doing it(unless you have a heart condition of course).  I also like all the other pools on the other ships, Escape, Bliss, Prima, Encore all are good.  This one is still worth it for me, but to each their own…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rafashadow1 said:

Thanks!!  Was the show the first night?  time?  Thanks SO much - if you know days and times they will be playing, I would so appreciate knowing that to plan meals.  

There is a Beatles show almost every night.

some of them are "themed"- early Beatles, Sgt Peppers, the psychedelic years. , a complete retrospective; yada yada.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

There is a Beatles show almost every night.

some of them are "themed"- early Beatles, Sgt Peppers, the psychedelic years. , a complete retrospective; yada yada.

Thanks! Around 730 pm? 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

The plunge pool looks like a handicapped toilet. I'm assuming its enough space for 1.

Yes.  its just one person.  at 40 degrees you only last a minute so no worries about a line forming….  Its for the hot/cold shock which is quite invigorating..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, dcu said:

Thanks! Around 730 pm? 

Three nights of Beatles, first night in theater, Second night Cavern club and one more later in the week.  I will post when.  Btw… Cavern club is small if you cant get in go to the outdoor bar for the cavern club, they put the show on the TVs and you still hear the music.  All of them really get into the characters so far both have been great shows.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RushFan said:

Three nights of Beatles, first night in theater, Second night Cavern club and one more later in the week.  I will post when.  Btw… Cavern club is small if you cant get in go to the outdoor bar for the cavern club, they put the show on the TVs and you still hear the music.  All of them really get into the characters so far both have been great shows.

Great to know.  Thanks.  Timings for shows would be great.  I don’t think the dailies come through on CC for some reason.   
another question- are you able to communicate with friends on ship using the app? Thank you so much and hope you are having a great time! 

• Like 1

Thank you @RushFan! You're a wonderful person for trying out the new and not improved (to me) thermal suite. It'll be a hard pass from me if I sail Joy again. 

@OrcaGirl - I followed your live and saw the unfortunate news about your mom. I almost wound up like her on two occasions in Pr1ma's thermal suite. Instead I did a lovely little penguin slide. I only pulled a muscle which I relieved in...the thermal suite. Those places are dangerous. I really believe NCL prioritizes aesthetic over safety. Someday I'll remember to bring non-slip kitchen shoes with me to wear in the spa! I hope your mom's recovery goes well and is quick! 

Still cannot book the Thermal Suite yet on the website for the 9March cruise.  Interesting.

As a side note, for those of you who are discussing non-Thermal Suite topics, I would encourage you to take these talks to a new thread.

Not that I am trying to be a thread police.  I just suspect that there are others who might have similar questions about the Joy, but whom may not read this thread because of the title. 

Thank you for providing the ship update Rush.

Edited by K_S
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, K_S said:

Still cannot book the Thermal Suite yet on the website for the 9March cruise.  Interesting.

As a side note, for those of you who are discussing non-Thermal Suite topics, I would encourage you to take these talks to a new thread.

Not that I am trying to be a thread police.  I just suspect that there are others who might have similar questions about the Joy, but whom may not read this thread because of the title. 

We may be getting closer to being able to book the Thermal Suite.  I'm on the April 14 cruise.  For a month, the website had the full week Suite price at $199pp.  Now it it's listed for $299 pp.  Still can't get the purchase to go through on the website though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, K_S said:

Good idea. I will start new thread.  Thanks! 

2 hours ago, footer6 said:

We may be getting closer to being able to book the Thermal Suite.  I'm on the April 14 cruise.  For a month, the website had the full week Suite price at $199pp.  Now it it's listed for $299 pp.  Still can't get the purchase to go through on the website though.

Yeah, I'm sure they took the clicks they got over the last few weeks and added that to interest on the ship this week and decided maybe their pricing was not correct. Unforch.

Edited by K_S

On 2/25/2024 at 8:10 AM, RushFan said:

I will try to post them here for you.

IMG_1070.jpeg

IMG_1071.jpeg

IMG_1072.jpeg

IMG_1073.jpeg

IMG_1074.jpeg

Hey Rush - for some reason the Dailies are blacked out.  Any chance you can re-post whatever you have?  On the Joy 3/9 and looking for the weekly schedule of activities to plan ahead.  Thanks for anything you can do. 

1 hour ago, K_S said:

Yeah, I'm sure they took the clicks they got over the last few weeks and added that to interest on the ship this week and decided maybe their pricing was not correct. Unforch.

Yes, I knew something wasn't right because we paid $299pp on Breakaway in 2022.  These days prices don't go down.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2024 at 8:26 AM, RushFan said:

Yes.  its just one person.  at 40 degrees you only last a minute so no worries about a line forming….  Its for the hot/cold shock which is quite invigorating..

They have cold plunge pools (older fashion, but the same idea) on the Jewel class ships. And some have hot plunges.