Seafood Tower/Shellfish

tbmrt

Love lobster, crab, clams and raw oysters.  

I see that the Seafood Tower at the Wake has some things I'd like, but some that definitely I definitely would not like.  Do they switch out any if you ask?  Any chance of getting hot mussels with hot marinara sauce or butter/garlic?

2 hours ago, tbmrt said:

I see that the Seafood Tower at the Wake has some things I'd like, but some that definitely I definitely would not like.  Do they switch out any if you ask?  Any chance of getting hot mussels with hot marinara sauce or butter/garlic?

They may switch things out to your preference.  But I highly doubt they would prepare a new dish with the seafood.  The Seafood Towers are coming from the Raw Bar, where everything is cold.  

I've read it both ways--some people were able to swap out for items they like.  They may have been in suites or otherwise VIPs.  We were in a lowly Sea Terrace and told that the towers came "as is."  I'm only being a little snippy because one night in THe Wake we had horrible service whie a table across from us had 4 crew members sucking up to the old guy and young girlfriend  all night. But that was one trip only; our other visits to THe Wake were fine.

5 hours ago, tbmrt said:

They will not adjust it (my son asked.)  He got the small one as his meal our first dinner at The Wake and it was a surprisingly large amount of seafood and very nicely presented and prepared. It had some nice oysters on it.
My husband and I tried to order a separate order of oysters for us and our server said said they were “out of oysters but still had them, just not to order.” 🧐 

12 minutes ago, WatermelonSugarHigh said:

My husband and I tried to order a separate order of oysters for us and our server said said they were “out of oysters but still had them, just not to order.” 🧐

That’s badly worded but it could just mean they only have enough stock to go with the items items on the tower, so they have oysters (for the tower) but not to order (on their own).

1 hour ago, cantgetin said:

I've read it both ways--some people were able to swap out for items they like.  They may have been in suites or otherwise VIPs.  We were in a lowly Sea Terrace and told that the towers came "as is."  I'm only being a little snippy because one night in THe Wake we had horrible service whie a table across from us had 4 crew members sucking up to the old guy and young girlfriend  all night. But that was one trip only; our other visits to THe Wake were fine.

We also had an issue with service there one time. They had the wrong menu in the folders from the day before.  (The menu had to be swapped because of out of stock items.)

Our server told us immediately upon sitting down that we needed to put in our order because the kitchen was closing.  It was 9:30. And since we had the wrong menus, when I ordered the fish, they didn’t have it and she said you have had the wrong menu, like it was my fault 😂 weird.  
 She rushed us through the whole meal. I got steak instead of the fish and it was to be medium rare and it arrived ultra rare and cold. 
The table seated next to us was told the same thing… hurry up and order.. when they got seated at 9:45.  They ate some bread, got up and walked out. 

Our second visit was great, I think it was an 8 pm seating.

Edit: both nights we dined there, the clam chowder had chunks of shrimp in it. It may have been both shrimp and clam, and it was delicious, but there was definitely shrimp in it. 

Edited by WatermelonSugarHigh

1 hour ago, WatermelonSugarHigh said:

They will not adjust it (my son asked.)  He got the small one as his meal our first dinner at The Wake and it was a surprisingly large amount of seafood and very nicely presented and prepared. It had some nice oysters on it. 

Yeah, the answers seem to vary.  One night they will not customize and the next cruise, same ship, they will.  Maybe it has to do with supplies in stock or maybe who the person in charge of that area happens to be.  We asked and were told no, but others have asked and had it happen.

• Thanks 1