RCCL-has anyone done the Sharks, Rays, Barrier Reef Snorkeling & Island Getaway excursion through the ship?

MNice99

Hi like the title says,  I'm looking for thoughts on this excursion from those who have done it. 

Was it crowded? Did it leave right from the ship? How "Strenuous" really is it.  Do you have to swim super far to where you snorkel or is pretty much right by the boat?

I'm also looking at going on our own with an outside company but sort of nervous about having to wait forever to catch a tender and then being late to the meet up point.  So it seams going with RCCL on this one might make more sense.  

thanks in advance for any insights you share. 

image.thumb.png.fd20380dbdb2afc450216ada7a3deea8.png  

47 minutes ago, MNice99 said:

Hi like the title says,  I'm looking for thoughts on this excursion from those who have done it. 

Was it crowded? Did it leave right from the ship? How "Strenuous" really is it.  Do you have to swim super far to where you snorkel or is pretty much right by the boat?

I'm also looking at going on our own with an outside company but sort of nervous about having to wait forever to catch a tender and then being late to the meet up point.  So it seams going with RCCL on this one might make more sense.  

thanks in advance for any insights you share. 

image.thumb.png.fd20380dbdb2afc450216ada7a3deea8.png  

I did it. Yes it was crowded especially since everyone had to wear lifejackets.  Snorkeling was ok.  Sharks were pretty cool.  Caye Caulker was nice.  Company was pretty good.  I would not repeat as we hate lifejackets when Snorkeling although you were allowed to put on your hand or foot.