Help me understand the booking process?

Mapomp

I'm new to Seabourn, not to cruising.  I can understand the three categories, (door-to-door with flights, without flights, and port to port).  However, the cruise I'm looking at, if I look at just port to port, Silver Suite is unavailable.  So does that mean that in order to book that category cabin I have to book one of the two others?  And would they pick me up at a hotel? (assume the answer is yes)

Thank you!

MA

25 minutes ago, Mapomp said:

I'm new to Seabourn, not to cruising.  I can understand the three categories, (door-to-door with flights, door-to-door without flights, and port to port).  However, the cruise I'm looking at, if I look at just port to port, Silver Suite is unavailable.  So does that mean that in order to book that category cabin I have to book one of the two others?  And would they pick me up at a hotel? (assume the answer is yes)

Thank you!

MA

I think 15Day+ is right.  You are describing a Silversea cruise, not Seabourn.  Silversea has the door to door (with air or with air credit) and port to port fares as well as Silver Suites.  Seabourn does not.

But to answer your question, Silversea often will not permit you to book a higher-end suite with a port-to-port fare so you won't even see those categories if you choose that fare.  In that case your only option to book a Silver Suite is the door-to-door fare.  If you want airport transfers, you'll need to book door-to-door with flights.  If you book door-to-door without flights, you do not receive any transfers to and from the ship (and of course you'll also pay for your own flights).  You only receive hotel to ship transfers when you book a pre-cruise hotel stay through Silversea (some, but not all door-to-door with flights fares include a one-night stay and hotel transfer).

FireShotCapture492-SilverseasBooking-Fare-quote.silversea_com.thumb.png.857ac7d63e78f34a441a48e9a35065e4.png

Is cost important to you?  If so, comparing what you'd pay for the flights and an Uber to and from the ship if you book those independently with what Silversea will charge to include those in your fare can be helpful in deciding what option to choose. 

You may want to post your inquiry in the Silversea forum to get more input. 

Fair winds and following seas!  🛳️

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mapomp said:

Oh shoot!  You’re right! I am such a doofus. Thanks for being so nice 😊 

LOL, Life is indeed good when you are looking at Silversea and Seabourn :).

• Like 4