Ephesus tour operator recommendations

JRos

My husband and I want to see the ancient city of Ephesus, when our ship docks in Kusadasi. We aren’t interested in the Christian pilgrimage site - we just want to see Kusadasi with a guide.

If you have a guide or company that you’ve used and recommend, I’d really appreciate if you could post information and their info below.  🙏

Thank you! 

On 2/11/2024 at 5:36 PM, JRos said:

My husband and I want to see the ancient city of Ephesus, when our ship docks in Kusadasi. We aren’t interested in the Christian pilgrimage site - we just want to see Kusadasi with a guide.

If you have a guide or company that you’ve used and recommend, I’d really appreciate if you could post information and their info below.  🙏

Thank you! 

Opsss sorry i thought you wanna see pilgrimage sites... You can directly contact them via the contact page below included whatsapp.

https://www.bestephesustours.com/contact-us.html

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I can recommend Ertunga

He was excellent picked us up at ship and took us straight to Ephesus. Having been twice I would say skip Mary's house as rebuilt ruin on site supposedly lived in by Mary and go to Ephesus and pay extra to go into terrace houses, they are amazing.

He will organise tickets for you and he is an approved guide. We made a group of 8 people from our cruise and he hired a mini bus but I am sure he would take you in a taxi.

If you decide to go on an organised trip ship or online, you will find they take you to a carpet or leather factory or both which just eats into your time.

Turkey Private Tours by Ertunga Ecir - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go (2024) (tripadvisor.com)

• Like 2

It's been awhile since my husband and I were in Ephesus, but we really liked Ephesus Shuttle tours.  They got us there so early from the ship that the gates had not yet opened, allowing us to be one of the first into the site. Although our guide politely asked if we wanted to see a rug factory,  when we declined he did not insist and instead recommended some places we could visit for free on our own after his tour. (Unlike some different companies that others have used).  I checked Trip Advisor, and it is still in business with a 5.0 rating

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 9:36 AM, JRos said:

Thank you! 

You should post in Mediterranean ports.  Ephesus is in Turkey. Turkey is not in Africa.

1 hour ago, marazul said:

You should post in Mediterranean ports.  Ephesus is in Turkey. Turkey is not in Africa.

Turkey is indeed not Africa - but I wasn’t sure if it was Middle East or Europe. In any regard, it wouldn’t let me delete the thread. This community is for Middle East, so Turkey is deemed to be a Middle Eastern country, but definitely isn’t part of Africa. 

2 hours ago, JRos said:

Turkey is indeed not Africa - but I wasn’t sure if it was Middle East or Europe. In any regard, it wouldn’t let me delete the thread. This community is for Middle East, so Turkey is deemed to be a Middle Eastern country, but definitely isn’t part of Africa. 

It is listed under "Other Mediterranean Ports" because so many Med cruises stop in Turkey.