Solo on sun princess-higher single supplement

latebuyer

Someone on a solo celebrity thread had reported princess is charging more than 200% on the sun princess. I checked and this is correct, not on all cruises but quite a few. This is unfortunate. Has anyone noticed this happening on other ships?

Edited by latebuyer

• latebuyer changed the title to Solo on sun princess-higher single supplement
On 2/11/2024 at 5:12 PM, latebuyer said:

Someone on a solo celebrity thread had reported princess is charging more than 200% on the sun princess. I checked and this is correct, not on all cruises but quite a few. This is unfortunate. Has anyone noticed this happening on other ships?

Hi

Yes I have seen this hike on Royal Carribbean Mediterranean cruises May to Sept 2024. Not seen it so high with RC before. Norwegian seem to have put their prices up for solos on Mediterranean cruises also  & they used to be pretty good 

Total rip off for solo travellers as usual 

On 2/11/2024 at 12:12 PM, latebuyer said:

Azamara had that as well previously because their promo was based on double occupancy.  But revenue control was able to put on an override.  Other option is to book a double and cancel the other person out at the last minute to get the taxes back. 

I booked a solo on the sun princess from what I noticed is that they have some insides for solos only 137 square feet they are higher in cost than booking a regular inside do not know why so why anyone would get one of those I do not know.  I booked a premium ocean view cabin.  I usually book balcony but decided to save on cabin costs and get the plus package and will try to book the sanctuary for a couple of days.

• Like 1