Half Moon Cay Cabana Rentals for CCL

Warm Breezes

We will be on the Elation in Dec stopping at Half Moon Cay and would like to rent a cabana for the day. I am not seeing this option available under the excursions available under my booking number but it is listed under the excursions off the main page. How is Carnival renting these out and what are the rates????

Since Carnival hasn't stopped there yet, probably no one has this info. We cruise on the 24th of April, and I plan to do a review and will include this info. Maybe someone will report back before then if the Sensation gets onto her planned itinerary.

If have seen on the HAL site that the cabanas run about $250/day. THis is not the clam shell cover, this is a building that has a restroom, food, and a steward. The clam shells for shade are probably around $15/day with a couple of chairs thrown in for good measure.

If have seen on the HAL site that the cabanas run about $250/day. THis is not the clam shell cover, this is a building that has a restroom, food, and a steward. The clam shells for shade are probably around $15/day with a couple of chairs thrown in for good measure.

We had one on a cruise on HAL last summer. The price was $219. There is no bathroom. It is a 3 sided building with a roof on it. It also has an air conditioner in the back wall. It also has a little deck in the front and a shower to get the sand off of you. Also has a refridgerator.There are about 10 of them and about 4 cabana boys that run between them to get things for you if needed.

You get snorkeling gear and float mats for 4 people with the price, salsa and chips, water and soda in your fridge.

Bill

When I first started researching for Half Moon Cay, I had seen posts about Carnival charging less for them. I am not sure where I read this (maybe on the HAL boards?) and I am also not sure if there was anything to it. But I wondered if CCL might offer the cabanas without some of the frills, which could account for a lower price. I was surprised and disappointed not to see them listed with our excursions. I think we have decided to go with Clamshells anyway, but I will definitely see what's up with the cabanas.

My cruise this summer on CCL is stopping at Half Moon Cay and I just pulled up the excursion list. No cabanas listed. Not that I would do it again anyway but I was curious of the price. No clamshells listed either. On HAL all that was listed under excursions. maybe with CCL you have to call or something, who knows.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Bill

From what I've heard/learned/read/deduced....because of the limited availabilty, these can only be booked on board the ship.

Wow that stinks. I can see a stampede at the excursion desk once everyone gets on with some disgruntled pax. On HAL you just did it on there website.:(

Bill

again, this is just second hand info, but everything involving the beach & the water (ie: parasailing, waterbikes, etc) is booked on the ship or on the island. You can only book a couple of non-beach related excursions thru the site...the fishing, the eco tour, bike tour.

again, this is just second hand info, but everything involving the beach & the water (ie: parasailing, waterbikes, etc) is booked on the ship or on the island. You can only book a couple of non-beach related excursions thru the site...the fishing, the eco tour, bike tour.

These are the excursions that can be booked online at the CCL website.

Historic Nature Walk $19.00 1.25 hours

Eco Lagoon tour $30.00 1.25 hours

Glass Bottom boat $31.00 1 hour

Tropical kayak adventure $39.00 1.25 hours

Half Moon Cay snorkle by boat $39.00 1.50 hours

StingRay encounter $39.00 1.0 hours

Aqua Trax Watercraft Adventure $65.00 1.25 hours

Horseback Riding By Land & Sea $73.00 1.25 hours

parasailing $75.00 1 hour

Certified One Tank Dive $79.00 1.50 hours

Flats fishing $109.00 3 hours

deep sea fishing $129.00 2 hours

Bill

• 1 year later...
These are the excursions that can be booked online at the CCL website.

Historic Nature Walk $19.00 1.25 hours

Eco Lagoon tour $30.00 1.25 hours

Glass Bottom boat $31.00 1 hour

Tropical kayak adventure $39.00 1.25 hours

Half Moon Cay snorkle by boat $39.00 1.50 hours

StingRay encounter $39.00 1.0 hours

Aqua Trax Watercraft Adventure $65.00 1.25 hours

Horseback Riding By Land & Sea $73.00 1.25 hours

parasailing $75.00 1 hour

Certified One Tank Dive $79.00 1.50 hours

Flats fishing $109.00 3 hours

deep sea fishing $129.00 2 hours

Bill

Not to burst anyones bubble, but I am looking at the excursions at this very moment and it looks like Carnival has upped there prices, on some at least....maybe the prices vary per cruise, but for the one I am on they are offering the horseback riding and parasailing for $95 and $85 respectively....or maybe they up the price as the cruise gets closer, I don't know, but I was disappointed to see the change in price.

I asked Carnival about the excursions that weren't showing as available to be booked online and they confirmed that the reason is because those particular excursions have to be purchased onboard.

Not to burst anyones bubble, but I am looking at the excursions at this very moment and it looks like Carnival has upped there prices, on some at least....maybe the prices vary per cruise, but for the one I am on they are offering the horseback riding and parasailing for $95 and $85 respectively....or maybe they up the price as the cruise gets closer, I don't know, but I was disappointed to see the change in price.

I asked Carnival about the excursions that weren't showing as available to be booked online and they confirmed that the reason is because those particular excursions have to be purchased onboard.

Most things in the world cost more now than they did a year and a half ago.:)

Bill

We were just in HMC the 2nd week in September. You have to book the cabanas once onboard. I do not remeber the exact cost but I do remeber them being around $240. The day we were at HMC I would say I only saw a couple of the cabanas being used. Even if you don't get a cabana HMC is an amazing beach. There are enough trees for shade. I hope you all enjoy HMC as much as we did.

I called because I'm going there in November and talked to an excursion representative. He said that you have to book on the ship, but stated that it's $200 for 4 people, and $45 each additional person. :) kinda spendy.

Yes, but that is a subjective valuation. It was worth every penny to me to have one the day we were at HMC as there were 2 ships there that day.

l15.jpg

We were just in HMC the 2nd week in September. You have to book the cabanas once onboard. I do not remeber the exact cost but I do remeber them being around $240. The day we were at HMC I would say I only saw a couple of the cabanas being used. Even if you don't get a cabana HMC is an amazing beach. There are enough trees for shade. I hope you all enjoy HMC as much as we did.

I'm planning on renting a cabana when we go in March, I'll have my Mom (78) with us and she'll definitely need the A/C & shade. I'm just wondering how many other people on our ship a) will know about them and b) will also be renting one.

What time did you get in line to reserve one? As soon as you boarded the ship? or after the muster? I figured I'd go right to the desk as soon as we board and ask what to do.

Archived