Breakaway Glow Party

Ladydee

Can someone clarify this for me?  I have heard so many different descriptions - from a) everyone wears white to b) it's 80s night to c) this is the night to dress formally (for those that are so inclined), etc.  Then I heard they give you glo sticks, while others said to bring our own.

Also, where does this take place and what time?

1 hour ago, Ladydee said:

Can someone clarify this for me?  I have heard so many different descriptions - from a) everyone wears white to b) it's 80s night to c) this is the night to dress formally (for those that are so inclined), etc.  Then I heard they give you glo sticks, while others said to bring our own.

Glow Party will be held in Spice H2O (back of the ship Deck 15) weather permitting.  The Party will begin around 9:45 P.M. Very loud music!!  No special clothing is required for any of the late night dance parties.

There used to be a "Dress Up or Not Night" the evening of the 1st Sea Day.  Do not see that reported very much any more.  The Captain used to be available for short period of time for pictures.  Do not how much that is done anymore, might depend on that particular Captain. 

2 hours ago, Ladydee said:

Event details are subject to change. Here's a description from the Breakaway. There is never anything "formal" on NCL. You can dress up or not every night, there will be photographers out every night. Come as you are, no need to get dressed up at all for any of the ship's events. Come on time if you want some glow toys

image.thumb.png.c3bcf45f7e6d172c49e9f62d1bf13c09.png

Here's a similar description from the Joy last Fall

image.png.0ff1196dae0aa3215b9c9344c781da90.png

Edited by BirdTravels

2 hours ago, Ladydee said:

A lot of folks still wear white from the white party days.  They also have a T-Shirt creation gathering right before the party if you want.  You can write on white T shirts with neon colors.  They do pass out glow sticks, but of course you can bring your own also.  I bring light-up beads and glasses with me on each cruise for the glow party.  The 80's party is a totally different party.  It's one of the theme parties (80's, 90's, silent) they they have each night.  The glow party just happens to be one of the theme parties, but it's separate from the 80's party

yeah, i'd actually recommend not wearing white. there's a reason they no longer call it "the white party." nobody will say anything if you do, you can wear whatever you like, but, again, there's a very specific reason they no longer call this "the white party."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our last ‘glow party’ was really frustrating because the cruise director basically stayed on stage yelling ‘it’s the glow party!’ THE ENTIRE TIME - just nonstop talking over the music - people were trying to dance, enjoy the vibes on deck, and he was just talk talk talk - I get the intro/welcome but after that just let the DJ do their thing!