Chef's table on the Reflection. Is this price a little too steep?

jean87510

23 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I suppose my question is if anyone has ever done this, did you feel as if you got your monies worth?  I did note the wine pairing were not included.  I guess this may be where people use up their OBC?  Or did you think it was worth it to pay the $379?

No.

We did this on the Reflection and found it very lacking.  Keep in mind that much can depend on the people around the table.  We didn't have a very good mix and the ship's officer that joined us didn't seem to want to be there.  The one thing that stands out was my husband's allergy to lobster...just lobster not all seafood.  Lobster, at the time, was in the appetizer course and they substituted a single asparagus spear split in half for that course.  It's laughable now but at the time not so much.  This was back in 2016 and in a suite so we were dining in Luminae nightly, when it was at it's best.  Luminae was far better than the Chef's dinner.  

Thankfully our dinner cost much less than the current one AND included wine.  

As one poster has said the Chef's dinner we did on Royal was actually far better and less expensive. 

Edited by Gracie115

16 hours ago, markeb said:

Unfortunately most meals I've had with a wine pairing they decided to do full (or near full) pours, so you've suddenly had 4-5 glasses of wine with your meal!

How did they force you to empty your glass?

We booked the Tasting Menu at Le Voyage on the Beyond next week, which appears to be similarly priced as the Chef's Table on other Celebrity Ships under discussion. Luckily we had $1500 of onboard credit to burn for this cruise. I don't think we would have booked it if we were paying "extra". Now I just consider it an "included" perk of the cruise.