Cruise fare drops for the latter part of the year

JackE

I was looking at a recent Celebrity promotional email from this week and noticed that the fare for our Reflection sailing in December dropped by a good amount. I notified our TA and while I lost some OBC from the original booking, after rebooking the same category/cabin, we saved about $1K total on the cruise fare (it was a Sky Suite). I recommend everyone do some due diligence! Happy sailing! ❤️🚢🍾🥂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JackE said:

I was looking at a recent Celebrity promotional email from this week and noticed that the fare for our Reflection sailing in December dropped by a good amount. I notified our TA and while I lost some OBC from the original booking, after rebooking the same category/cabin, we saved about $1K total on the cruise fare (it was a Sky Suite). I recommend everyone do some due diligence! Happy sailing! ❤️🚢🍾🥂 

You may have also lost prepaid gratuities depending on when you originally booked.

17 minutes ago, RichYak said:

You may have also lost prepaid gratuities depending on when you originally booked.

I booked before the change, so I already had the pre-paid gratuities. PLUS this new promotional rate includes wifi, drinks and tips!

• Like 1

Every Sky Suite we have booked since at least the restart has included premium drinks and wi-fi. Previously those bookings also included OBC and gratuities.  A few months ago Celebrity changed the inclusions for Suite booking dropping the OBC and gratuities.

In checking prices for an April cruise we have booked the price has dropped about $1100, but to get that price I lose $800 OBC from Celebrity as well as $414 in prepaid gratuities and $100 in OBC from the TA.  We didn’t reprice. 

• Like 1

We had booked the Eclipse out of Bayonne for August 2024 but decided to change to the next sailing that starts in Iceland.  When I talked to my TA about the change he did mention the $200 change fee but he also had good news, the price of the new cruise that used to be more than the original cruise had dropped over $2000. Even after paying the change fee and losing some TA OBC I saved  a ton of money.   Always watch your prices right up to final payment.

• Like 1

I just saved $1000 today on our Alaskan cruise in July.  Lost one of my onboard credits but still got my onboard booking credit of $250.00. Overall, $800.00 ahead.

Edited by tlens
  • Like 1