Champagne

vistaman

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Limonadier said:

I now understand Mercier is the included Champagne onboard for all guest and has also replaced the Veuve Clicquot as welcome bottle in OT. What about the welcome bottle of Champagne in Penthouse ? and Residences ? Any recent DP ? Thanks.

On March 1st, we had the Mercier in our PH - same as throughout the ship. I found it drinkable if not my absolute fave.

Like us Canadians, it doesn't make waves!

Edited by Dr. Cocktail
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

On March 1st, we had the Mercier in our PH - same as throughout the ship. I found it drinkable if not my absolute fave.

Like us Canadians, it doesn't make waves!

Alright Thanks for this,  we are in PH as well

and would have appreciated the Dom which was included at time of booking but oh well...I will see if a sale happen on my sailing and splurge with my onboard credits 🙂

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Limonadier said:

Alright Thanks for this,  we are in PH as well

and would have appreciated the Dom which was included at time of booking but oh well...I will see if a sale happen on my sailing and splurge with my onboard credits 🙂

We loved Explora just as much the second time as the first. I'm loathe to comment as people tend to seize on the negativities but I just wish there was a larger, rotating selection of wines.

We were joined by friends who are total Regent devotees and commented on how Regent couldn't compare on food or entertainment!

Returning to the Champagne, we should be happy that it's not the Montaudon aka swill that is the house brand on Seabourn!

Edited by Dr. Cocktail
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Limonadier said:

I now understand Mercier is the included Champagne onboard for all guest and has also replaced the Veuve Clicquot as welcome bottle in OT. What about the welcome bottle of Champagne in Penthouse ? and Residences ? Any recent DP ? Thanks.

I was in a Residence in March and the bottle waiting for me was Mercier. I complained that I did not get the advertised 2013 Dom Perignon. A couple of days later a bottle of Dom arrived from the head Butler with compliments. Squeaky Wheel!!!