Concierge Level Cabin

KiRiMi

On 2/17/2024 at 5:47 PM, mauibabes said:

Just sharing experiences that have made sailing on Oceania so special for us. We have had negative experiences but tried to turn the negative ones into positives by communicating with the right staff and turning things around. While we had a Concierge to talk to in the Lounge, there is also a Concierge Desk on Deck 5. There is a Reservations Desk for dinner reservations too.  We would recommend getting to know the FIood and Beverage Director, Restaurant Manager, and Maitre d’s. They are all highly visible and all the Maitre d’s work shifts in the Terrace Cafe so a little hello and chat may do wonders when you are visiting their Specialty restaurant. Many times we have just dropped by a restaurant after the mad rush when opening to ask about availability and actually gotten a table. 
To be honest, even when we have been in a PH and had a Butler, I have been more successful getting into specific restaurants that our Butler could not arrange. A smile and kind words helped us a lot. One trip with two other couples, we had a negative experience in Polo, dinner was not up to par.  A nice chat with the Maitre d when he dropped by to see how our dinner was, we shared the truth.  His reply, “The restaurant is yours ANY night you would like to dine here, you do not need a reservation” we definitely took him up on his offer and ate there 8 more times, ALL EXCELLENT. It was a Med and TA trip so there were lots of opportunities.

Our experience, they do aim to please. 

Mauibabes, on vacation and coming to you from spectacular Maui HI. 

I've found in my oh-so-long life that people will complain, let's say here, but that's as far as it goes. If you don't go to the source, what have you really accomplished. And HOW you bring it up is HUGE. Be nice. Smile. Use good words. I've found it's made a huge difference.

Enjoy HI.

• Like 4

My experiences with the Executive Lounge (Marina, deck 11) have been exceptional.  Examples:

1.  Easy access for that morning cuppa before breakfast arrives.  SO, not being ready for folks delivering breakfast, appreciates the coffee while still in her bathrobe.

2.  On our last excursion, Air France decided that we didn't need our checked bags, and left them at CDG while we moved on to Copenhagen for a three night pre-cruise.  All our communication with AF was met with a verbal shrug and indifference.  The gentlemen in the Executive Lounge took over the conversation with AF and our luggage arrived at our second port of call.  They had the phone number to call people at AF.  SO's attitude significantly improved with the arrival of the missing bags.

3.  The Executive Lounge was never crowded.  No more that a couple of folks grabbing coffee/etc or reading a newspaper.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bob from Florida said:

SO's attitude significantly improved with the arrival of the missing bags.

Long ago I learned to "combat load" our suitcases instead of "his" and "hers".

It doesn't help when both bags are lost, but if only half your stuff is in each bag, it's easier to limp along when just one is lost.

Edited by Snaefell3
  • Like 4

On the Marina…..do the A4 concierge staterooms have larger balconies than A1-3?  

I’m a little bummed that the renovation being done to the Marina will not include the Concierge and below staterooms; only the “suites”.  The additional renovation plans sound exciting! 

Otherwise, excited to be sailing on “her” in the future!!

6 hours ago, Europeantraveler1 said:

On the Marina…..do the A4 concierge staterooms have larger balconies than A1-3?  

I’m a little bummed that the renovation being done to the Marina will not include the Concierge and below staterooms; only the “suites”.  The additional renovation plans sound exciting! 

Otherwise, excited to be sailing on “her” in the future!!

No. The extended balconies are on deck 7 and are PH and A2. You can check out the deck plans by going to the Oceania website and clicking on ‘onboard experiences’.