Tickets for London Eye

We are planning on booking London Eye tickets for early Tuesday evening in late April. Do you feel it is necessary to get Fast Track tickets or are regular tickets ok?  Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

This had lots of views(no responses) so I checked to see what the difference was.  It has been about 18 years since we were in London and I booked the regular tickets for a specific time(At night and it was pretty spectacular). 

After just looking at the Eye website/ticket options it seems there are far more choices now.  Fast track seems to be a way of extracting more $ from you IMO.  Advance ticket 30 pounds, walk-up 42 pounds, Fast track 50 pounds.  Show up anytime and have a dedicated line to get on quicker I guess.  Seems pretty much the same as walk-up because that too would be anytime.  Only difference is go to front of line? So no, I don't think it would be worth it.  You have to choose what works best for you.  Only factor would be weather?  Rainy or not.

Anyhow, I can only imagine you have made some choice by now.  I wish you well.  Enjoy your time in London and mostly on your Eye ride.  🙂

8 hours ago, Andros said:

Advance ticket 30 pounds, walk-up 42 pounds, Fast track 50 pounds.

Seeing these prices (which are correct) startled me, so I went to have a look at the website. I saw that you can get a timed fast track ticket online for £45, and the £50 ticket has the flexibility of being untimed. Having done the London Eye more than once, and therefore knowing what it looks like to go once around a big wheel, it now seems to me to be pretty poor value at these prices.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 8:03 PM, trrn2016 said:

We are planning on booking London Eye tickets for early Tuesday evening in late Apri

If you just want a view across London, the viewing deck on a new building in the City (financial district) is much higher.  And free.  Search Horizon22 if that appeals

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Island2Dweller said:

If you just want a view across London, the viewing deck on a new building in the City (financial district) is much higher.  And free.  Search Horizon22 if that appeals

It's one of the two best views in London. 😉 (That will be understood by aficionados of City of London architecture.)

3 hours ago, Island2Dweller said:

Thanks for this suggestion as we will be returning to London for a pre-cruise stay in late November.  One of the reasons I found this thread.

Globaliser, I agree.  I can't remember how much we paid in 05' but it certainly wasn't that much.  Thanks for your wealth of info in some of the other threads I have been following for transportation info.  It is greatly appreciated. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 12:20 PM, Island2Dweller said:

Similarly free, we visited Sky Garden (https://skygarden.london/).last year and were very impressed.