Cruise First Certs

I know this has been discussed multiple times and I know the T&C state you can only use one certificate at a time. Sorry to ask, however, the booking website shows something else.  I'm looking for clarification from the group.  When I go to check out, top left of image shows 2 voucher max, so I click on two.  The bottom right shows - $500 twice.  Will I be able to get away with this?  And yes, I'm only booking 1 room with two people.  Right now I'm planning to have a group or 5 or 6 rooms and if this will actually allow this, we could save some good money.  

image.thumb.png.07dc8b4355ca4d74f9e8828bf4823afe.png

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

There are periodically double up promotions allowing more than one cert to be used. It is an exception to the standard T&C. 

That would be freaking awesome if that is the case....Do you know where I would find out if true and if so, how long this would be allowed?  

Like I said, I'm trying to organize a group and one of the families involved have 5 people so they need two cabins.  If we could turn $250 x 2 = $500 savings for 2 cabins into $250 x 4 into $1,000 in savings, that would be phenomenal.  

there are no official exceptions to the "one cruise first certificate" per booking rule.

however, NCL IT infrastructure is notoriously wonky and they simply don't know how to code certain things. it would not surprise me in the least of the website treated cruise first certificates exactly like cruise next certificates. if that's the case, go ahead and book using two certificates. if the website allows it, then, congratulations! you will have just saved some good money!

1 minute ago, UKstages said:

there are no official exceptions to the "one cruise first certificate" per booking rule.

however, NCL IT infrastructure is notoriously wonky and they simply don't know how to code certain things. it would not surprise me in the least of the website treated cruise first certificates exactly like cruise next certificates. if that's the case, go ahead and book using two certificates. if the website allows it, then, congratulations! you will have just saved some good money!

See, the person above said it could be a promo, you think it could be an IT thing.  I just wish I could know for sure.  Be great if I could know for sure.  I would hate to tell others in the group, "Do this and this and boom, save lots of money" and then they buy double the certs and the system doesn't allow it.  😞

3 minutes ago, thesnoopster2 said:

See, the person above said it could be a promo, you think it could be an IT thing.  I just wish I could know for sure. 

it's two mints in one.

it's both a promo and it's failed IT infrastructure.

(it's also a dessert topping.)

if they have a cruise next double up promo, it may also allow doubling up of cruise first certificates because they don't know how to prevent the system from accepting two at a time.

CruiseFirst have always been only one per booking as far as I know so it's never been a promo since I've started cruising with NCL for 2 years. It will let you select two, but will error out when you go to the next step without saying what went wrong. It will work with only one CruiseFirst. I've also tried when you make a payment after booking. It will let you select two but when you go to the next step it will error out with an unhelpful message.

The double/triple up promos are different and only apply to CruiseNext. When they've had those promos, it won't let you double/triple up your CruiseFirst and again will not be helpful with any error messages.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mistertomatoe said:

CruiseFirst have always been only one per booking as far as I know so it's never been a promo since I've started cruising with NCL for 2 years. It will let you select two, but will error out when you go to the next step without saying what went wrong. It will work with only one CruiseFirst. I've also tried when you make a payment after booking. It will let you select two but when you go to the next step it will error out with an unhelpful message.

The double/triple up promos are different and only apply to CruiseNext. When they've had those promos, it won't let you double/triple up your CruiseFirst and again will not be helpful with any error messages.

So basically you are saying, been there, done that, tried that, and didn't work out.

Grrr....I don't like that answer, but I get it and that makes sense.  I was getting excited about saving double the money but that makes sense....

Thank you for breaking my heart....  😞

It gets worse.. I was onboard talking to the CruiseNext people and they said there was a double up promo. I pointed out the website and showed them the terms which said there wasn't a promo. They showed me the terms they had on their computer and it indeed did have the promo. The internal website looked just like the website the public has access to. I guess the double up promo can apply to CruiseFirst at some point but we might not know it. 

There has never been a double up for CF.  When there is a double up for CN, the system will allow you to double on the CF as well as let you mix CF and CN.  It will eventually be caught and you run the risk of your cruise being cancelled 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

There has never been a double up for CF.  When there is a double up for CN, the system will allow you to double on the CF as well as let you mix CF and CN.  It will eventually be caught and you run the risk of your cruise being cancelled 

This is true.  I accidentally added $500 CN to a booking that already had a $500 CF as the deposit.  While it was never caught by NCL, I checked daily after final payment to make sure they hadn’t canceled my reservation.  The worry wasn’t worth it. 

• Like 1

Oh how I wish CruiseFirst was availble for me i Europe as well! Great for those that book non-balcony rooms less than 4 months prio to sailing. (Still loving my CruiseNexts though and have been able to tale advantage of double up a few times anyway.)