Kids program registration?

BamaVol

We are bringing our grandchildren (and their parents) on our next Princess cruise.  The children’s program will be new to us.  The kids will be 8 and 11.  I have read here that registering them upon embarkation is recommended.  I know that in order to sign them in and out, I will need to be “approved”.  Can my daughter handle this for all of us instead of taking everyone?  I know the kids will want to scope it out, but my wife, son-in-law and I would prefer to sit on deck by the pool while she does so.  Will that be okay?  Does it have to be a parent, or could their grandmother handle registration?

33 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

We are bringing our grandchildren (and their parents) on our next Princess cruise.  The children’s program will be new to us.  The kids will be 8 and 11.  I have read here that registering them upon embarkation is recommended.  I know that in order to sign them in and out, I will need to be “approved”.  Can my daughter handle this for all of us instead of taking everyone?  I know the kids will want to scope it out, but my wife, son-in-law and I would prefer to sit on deck by the pool while she does so.  Will that be okay?  Does it have to be a parent, or could their grandmother handle registration?

One parent can handle the registration - in fact I think Princess has now set up a way to do it online now in advance of the cruise. You can designate on the registration what other people are allowed to do pick up/sign out. Not sure what the current requirements are, but I believe if granted permission the 11 year old could be given self sign out privileges. 

Our kids are 5 years apart in age, so we used to grant her older brother permission to sign our daughter out and then eventually granted her sign in and sign out privileges on her own as a preteen as long as she called us when she got to the club and was leaving so we could keep track of her. It must be much easier today with the medallions as you can see where members of your traveling group are on the ship. Probably no more need for beepers anymore. I would have loved that when my kids were little. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1