Thermal Suite questions

2 minutes ago, julia said:

@Haljo1935   Which ship is this?? ⬆️

Those pictures would have been from K'dam, taken Dec '23 - Jan '24. NS looked pretty much identical Nov '23 - Dec '23.

I may have some from Eurodam April '23 - May '23 if you want me to look.

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Those pictures would have been from K'dam, taken Dec '23 - Jan '24. NS looked pretty much identical Nov '23 - Dec '23.

Thx...  I'm mostly interested in seeing pics of the thermal suite on the Noordam.

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Thanks for the info @Haljo1935. I forgot to mention that the ship will be the Oosterdam. I was following your "Live" on the Oosterdam in SA/Anactica a few months ago. Do you by chance have any photos on that ship in the spa?

4 hours ago, julia said:

Thx...  I'm mostly interested in seeing pics of the thermal suite on the Noordam.

Recently had a Thermal Suite pass on the Noordam, and it is pretty much like the other photos posted. Different colors. Slightly different layout. But not enough to make a difference,  lounger room probably smaller since this a smaller ship, but the views from the lounger room were still great.

The moist saunas were very Arabian Nights looking - colorful  and patterned gilded tile.  And the heated  pool was large enough to paddle around,  with both central  jets and a row of underwater bubble recliners. 

On 2/18/2024 at 5:00 PM, cruisetravlr said:

The other is the Thermal Suite. My questions, so far are:

2. Is the number of people that purchase this limited, as in Club Orange? 

3. Is it necessary to purchase before on-board?

4. What all is included in the pass? 
5. Is it necessary to purchase for the length of the cruise or are day passes available?

6. What can I expect and how can I best optimize the experience?

TIA for your expert advice. 

While number of passes is capped, they should be available if you purchase soon after boarding. No more discount purchasing before the cruise. Make sure you request a locker key upon checking in at the front spa desk. However, not all lockers will have the slippers and robe stocked, may have to ask a crew attendant if you can’t find one.

The Pinnacle class spas have a really nice thermal seat area (photos below) and the pretty large steam room has a big round window as well. On my mostly full cruise, there were busy times and times when i was the only one. Surprisingly, i was solo during sunset on a sea day.

However, the jacuzzi pool fountain is not as well designed as the other HAL classes - the water jets get ricocheted off your back and hit other people often. 

C51A8C6B-EDA1-4CA2-A7BE-C92AE9233813.jpeg

1057E3AC-38A5-4C47-A863-4C725BC7688E.jpeg

980FC1BD-05FA-4435-BD6D-E2FEEED3A52F.jpeg

Edited by vicd1969
  • Like 2

Photo of the thermal seat area on Nieuw Amsterdam - the Vista class is similar except the color scheme is more of an blue-green theme. It is on the starboard side, while the Pinnacle class thermal suite is on the port side. 

36D2732F-7459-40A7-B24A-34AA7CAFED39.jpeg

18 hours ago, FLCruiser97 said:

Thanks for the info @Haljo1935. I forgot to mention that the ship will be the Oosterdam. I was following your "Live" on the Oosterdam in SA/Anactica a few months ago. Do you by chance have any photos on that ship in the spa?

Halfacts had a couple photos from Oosterdam but not many

https://halfacts.com/vista-class/oosterdam-lido-deck/

We had a Thermal Suite pass for our 3 week cruise on the Oosterdam in January.  It had been suggested on this forum that evening was the best time to go.  Our first evening we went about 5p.m.  The pool was not crowded but there were no seats available in the thermal seat area.  There is a 15 minute limit but this was not enforced.  It seemed to be a nice place where people enjoyed reading their books.  We ended up going @6:30p.m.  Often we were the only ones in the pool and always had thermal seats afterwards.  The thermal suite itself needed some upkeep and maintenance.  The showers in the pool area did not work, and the entire pool or the benches in the pool were out of order for about 5 days of the cruise.  I think the thermal spas on newer ships may be a bit nicer.  JMO. Cherie 

On 2/18/2024 at 5:00 PM, cruisetravlr said:

We are sailing March 10, 2024 on the Nieuw Statendam as 2* Mariners. We are trying new things (for us) this cruise. One is Club Orange. The other is the Thermal Suite. My questions, so far are:

1. Do both persons in the stateroom have to purchase this?

2. Is the number of people that purchase this limited, as in Club Orange? 

3. Is it necessary to purchase before on-board?

4. What all is included in the pass? 
5. Is it necessary to purchase for the length of the cruise or are day passes available?

6. What can I expect and how can I best optimize the experience?

TIA for your expert advice. 

Can’t answer for club orange.  Thermal suite pass includes hydrotherapy pool, warm ceramic loungers (can’t control temp on K’dam), sauna, steam room, robes for use in spa, towels, sometimes sandals (not always in locker.). I found the K’dam’s changing room to be inadequate - not enough privacy and only two showers.  I think it is worth purchasing if you have lots of sea days otherwise we were too busy to use if off ship on excursions.  We had 10 sea days to Hawaii so we purchased.  And only one needs to purchase.  Your HAL card gets a spa sticker.

• Like 1

We love the thermal suite. We visit it multiple times a day. Especially like to use it on port days when so many people are off the boat. We've been on enough cruises that we've been to at least some of the ports on each cruise before anyway.

• Like 1