Godfrey tours pick up/drop off

I’m interested in Godfrey tours. I’ll be on CCL Venezia so docked at Havensight. His web site says pick up is at West Indian cruise port terminal. I’ve googled and messaged him but have no clue where/what that is.  Does he pick  you up/drop you off at the ship? TIA

4 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Thank you! Who knew lol!!!! 

Yes, it is confusing, and sometimes the itinerary says Charlotte Amalie which is the town of St Thomas, doesn't have a cruise dock! The online sites which tell you where cruise ships dock are very helpful. You can find them in a Google search.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Have a lot to say about my stop in St Tom but preface to say I missed my tour. Very involved but one of the 3 problems was I had noon  reservation with Godfrey. He changed it to 10:30 day before the tour and sent me notice by email. Problem is I have my phone on airplane mode for entire cruise so got notice when I got home! So beware of that! 

2 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Have a lot to say about my stop in St Tom but preface to say I missed my tour. Very involved but one of the 3 problems was I had noon  reservation with Godfrey. He changed it to 10:30 day before the tour and sent me notice by email. Problem is I have my phone on airplane mode for entire cruise so got notice when I got home! So beware of that! 

Sorry to hear that. I see that tour company recommended a lot but don't know which other ones there are.

19 minutes ago, Cruiser418Low said:

Sorry to hear that. I see that tour company recommended a lot but don't know which other ones there are.

It was unfortunate. Not sure he realizes some people won’t get notification. 

22 minutes ago, Cruiser418Low said:

I hope you were able to dispute the charge with your credit card company. 

Godfrey credited my account. Very professional. 👍 circumstances in St Tom were awful but not his fault. Just wish he’d realize his notifications might not get to everyone. 

Wow, that is too bad...  I do not know how they could change the schedule that much, on a time sensitive cruise-port excursion????

Without going and doing a search, I will mention this.  One might be able to find a video, on YouTube, how to find, get to, Godfrey's Tours.   I remember seeing something like this that showed where and how to walk over.

16 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Wow, that is too bad...  I do not know how they could change the schedule that much, on a time sensitive cruise-port excursion????

Without going and doing a search, I will mention this.  One might be able to find a video, on YouTube, how to find, get to, Godfrey's Tours.   I remember seeing something like this that showed where and how to walk over.

I was at the right place. Excursion was noon. I got off ship about 11. Went to meeting place and even tho I said I was waiting for Godfrey and even held a sign the operators at pier put me on a van to Coki Beach. When I returned home after cruise and took my phone off airplane mode there was a message from Godfrey that he was changing excursion to 10:30. So he had left even before I got off the ship. I think majority of people put/keep phone on airplane mode when cruising so how were we/I supposed to know this. 

Cruisin Karen, I always turn on wifi on my phone whenever/however I travel, and I have WhatsApp installed so I can make calls when I'm on wifi. Havensight has at least one free wifi Hotspot outside near Tap and Still bar/restaurant.

I just tried wifi in airplane mode, and the wifi worked just like normal.

Many people in Caribbean use WhatsApp so it's very convenient if you're on a Caribbean cruise. Godfrey probably has WhatsApp.

1 hour ago, Ms411 said:

Cruisin Karen, I always turn on wifi on my phone whenever/however I travel, and I have WhatsApp installed so I can make calls when I'm on wifi. Havensight has at least one free wifi Hotspot outside near Tap and Still bar/restaurant.

I just tried wifi in airplane mode, and the wifi worked just like normal.

Many people in Caribbean use WhatsApp so it's very convenient if you're on a Caribbean cruise. Godfrey probably has WhatsApp.

He sent Me an email. I am technically challenged and don’t understand all that stuff! I had actually asked about airplane mode in a post before my cruise. I was “burned” once years ago getting a huge bill from Verizon so it’s just easier for me to disconnect from the world lol. Kind of don’t understand why Godfrey didn’t realize that. And changing from noon to 10:30 the day before…..we were still at sea. Water under the bridge! Thx for all the info even if I don’t actually understand lol 😳😵‍💫

The crew members are your best source of info regarding practical information about phones, wifi, and grocery stores, if they have time to chat. I used to work on a cruise ship, though it was years ago.😊

Imo, no matter where you are, wifi is your best friend even if you have to pay. Turn on both wifi and airplane mode so you can keep in touch.

Ohhh,  Karen,  I was also replying to the original poster who did not know exactly what this tour company is, or where to meet them for pick-up / drop off.

I am so sorry that this happened to you!  I do understand that you know all the details, and that the timing problem was on their end.  I hope you were able to still enjoy your day in Port!

16 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Ohhh,  Karen,  I was also replying to the original poster who did not know exactly what this tour company is, or where to meet them for pick-up / drop off.

I am so sorry that this happened to you!  I do understand that you know all the details, and that the timing problem was on their end.  I hope you were able to still enjoy your day in Port!

Actually no, but thank you!  Sustained an injury there on day 4 of 11 day cruise from which I’m still recovering. I’ll post the story one of these days just as a warning to other cruisers. It will probably end up in the St. Thomas forum.   I’m still looking forward to my cruise on 5/6 but think I’ll stay on the ship in St. Thomas! This too shall pass!! 

Posted (edited)

Ohhhh no...  I am so sorry!

To anyone else seeing the title to this thread..  I don't see the video I am remembering.

The Godfrey Tours website says :

The meeting place for visitors coming in at West Indian Company Cruise Ship Terminal will be at gate #4 next to the Virgin Bar & Restaurant.

The meeting place for visitors coming in at Crown Bay Cruise Ship Terminal is at the windmill located in front of your ship in the shopping mall. Walking distance from the ship is about 3 to 5 minutes. There is a free shuttle from your ship if you rather not walk.

Of course, as mentioned, The West Indian Cruise Port is the Havensight Cruise Port.

Godfrey is an indépendant tour operator, and does not do the ships tours offered thru your cruise line.  So, they can not operate IN the cruise port.  It is a short walk to where they are located with their vans and busses.

Edited by Wishing on a star

2 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I don't see the video I am remembering.

The Godfrey Tours website says :

The meeting place for visitors coming in at West Indian Company Cruise Ship Terminal will be at gate #4 next to the Virgin Bar & Restaurant.

The meeting place for visitors coming in at Crown Bay Cruise Ship Terminal is at the windmill located in front of your ship in the shopping mall. Walking distance from the ship is about 3 to 5 minutes. There is a free shuttle from your ship if you rather not walk.

The West Indian Cruise Port is the Havensight Cruise Port.

Godfrey is an indépendant tour operator, and does not do the ships tours offered thru your cruise line.  So, they can not operate IN the cruise port.  It is a short walk to where they are located with their vans and busses.

Yes it’s a VERY SHORT walk. It was actually just outside the security entrance for the ship. There are tables with blue umbrellas and he had said to meet there at Virgins Haven bar. Very easy very short walk. Of course he already left by the time I got there but just FYI! 😎

Independent tour operators can operate inside the cruise port gates, but the ship tours transportation are usually closer to the ships. It's not like some other ports I've been to where the walk can be quite long to get independent transportation/tours. I think the ports that make independents pick up outside the gate are the ones owned or operated by the cruise lines and not the local government.