Self serve laundry

roupa

2 hours ago, roupa said:

Does any HAL ship (Volendam) have a self serve laundry area?

The ships in the smaller classes (R class for the Volendam and Zaandam) that did have self-laundries, the laundries were removed a few years ago. We used one on the Zaandam in 2014. Honestly, knowing what I know now, it was a poor dollar saved. 

The ship's laundry will take better care of your clothing than self-serve machines could! You can request hot/warm/cold wash, hot/warm dry OR if you can believe it, AIR-DRY. Air-dry items will be returned a day or so later than dried ones. 

You can get additional bags to turn in items for different care, or if you are using the most economical "by the bag" option, you can circle certain items for special care. Having earned unlimited laundry by loyalty, I now see the wisdom in buying it -- especially if you are flying and dealing with checked and/or over-weight luggage! 

The bags are large and cloth, and any sort of item than fits is allowed. Unlike some lines where the bag is small, paper, and only certain types of items accepted. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fayetheatre said:

for a 42 day cruise does anyone know what the price is for unlimited laundry

If you are booked, you can see (and buy) the unlimited laundry (with pressing included) under Extras on the "manage-my-cruise" page. For a 35-day cruise, the sum is $367.50, or $10.50/day, per cabin (not per person). 

The amount is the same pre-cruise or onboard, and onboard OBC will be used, if you have any. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fayetheatre said:

for a 42 day cruise does anyone know what the price is for unlimited laundry

Do you know, laundry has always been more expensive on any cruise in or touching Europe. I have never heard an explanation! But the $10.50/day/cabin was quoted for a cruise (Voyage of Vikings) that does indeed visit Norway and Netherlands. 

I may have recently read the much lower figure of $7.50/day on non-Europe cruises.

I tried to look it up on my booking but alas it is technically a B2B so for some reason the excellent HAL web site will only give me the cost of the second leg of 29 days, it is $246.50 I have to assume the 14 day first leg would be about half that price. That is a cruise that starts in Auckland and ends in Seattle.

• Like 1