Outlets Royal Princess

Grace61

My husband uses a cpap; I've seen posts saying that they've requested a extension cord, since there were no outlets near the bed.  But those were referencing other ships, any info about Royal Princess?  I went on the app, and tried to find a place to make a request, but didn't find it.  I can see choices on queen or two twin, dining times, or allergies.

We sail in June.  I'd hate to wait to board, then not have it available, or them not have enough.

I use a CPAP and bring my own extension cord, outlet expansion device and magnetic hooks that I use on the wall and ceiling to keep the extension cord overhead instead of stringing it across the floor.  I hear that there is an outlet behind the bed but it is a European type needing a special plug/converter.  The extension cord, outlet expansion device and magnetic hooks I bought from Amazon.  

• Like 1

I believe you will find that there is a "hidden" European-style plug behind one of the beds.  Using an appropriate adapter, that is where I plug in *my* CPAP.  Here is the adapter that I use which gives a European style socket (to plug in whatever was plugged in...probably a bedside lamp) as well as a US-style outlet.

Ship Power Adapter.jpg

Here is a link to the adapter on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/European-Adapter-Adaptor-Countries-Netherlands/dp/B008JCVF0U/ref=sr_1_19?crid=2YC72VL0V3Z7G&keywords=schuko%2Bplug%2Badapter&qid=1676657828&sprefix=schuko%2Caps%2C114&sr=8-19&th=1

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I believe you will find that there is a "hidden" European-style plug behind one of the beds.  Using an appropriate adapter, that is where I plug in *my* CPAP.  Here is the adapter that I use which gives a European style socket (to plug in whatever was plugged in...probably a bedside lamp) as well as a US-style outlet.

Ship Power Adapter.jpg

Here is a link to the adapter on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/European-Adapter-Adaptor-Countries-Netherlands/dp/B008JCVF0U/ref=sr_1_19?crid=2YC72VL0V3Z7G&keywords=schuko%2Bplug%2Badapter&qid=1676657828&sprefix=schuko%2Caps%2C114&sr=8-19&th=1

Thanks, we have some of these converters from other European vacations!

Thanks all for the replies.  I'll bring the convertor and I have an extension cord that is supposedly " cruise approved", but I kept hearing that they sometimes get pulled out anyway.

I just figured requesting ahead of time might be the low stress option.  

1 hour ago, Grace61 said:

I went on the app, and tried to find a place to make a request, but didn't find it.  I can see choices on queen or two twin, dining times, or allergies.

Since you mentioned allergies... the Dietary Requests section of online check-in on the website (not the app) is where you can request distilled water to be delivered to your cabin at no charge.

For those people that need a power outlet near the bed and don't want to run an extension cord across the floor a standard 16A outlet is located under the bed on the back wall. You will need to lie on your stomach to reach the outlet. You just need an adapter and make sure that what you plug in is capable of handling the higher voltage or get an adapter with a transformer. I used the outlet on a few cruise for a CPAP machine. The CPAP power transformer was capable to be used with the 250 single phase voltage. You will find this outlet closest to the desk side of the bed.  This side of the bed is not moved when the beds are set up as doubles.

I have attached picture of that outlet.

Happy Trails 

IMG_20200210_065822352.jpg

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BigWaveDave87 said:

For those people that need a power outlet near the bed and don't want to run an extension cord across the floor a standard 16A outlet is located under the bed on the back wall. You will need to lie on your stomach to reach the outlet. You just need an adapter and make sure that what you plug in is capable of handling the higher voltage or get an adapter with a transformer. I used the outlet on a few cruise for a CPAP machine. The CPAP power transformer was capable to be used with the 250 single phase voltage. You will find this outlet closest to the desk side of the bed.  This side of the bed is not moved when the beds are set up as doubles.

I have attached picture of that outlet.

Happy Trails 

IMG_20200210_065822352.jpg

There are two lamps near the bed(s). Do they both plug into this one outlet? TIA!

6 hours ago, Teechur said:

There are two lamps near the bed(s). Do they both plug into this one outlet? TIA!

We use the adapter that is pictured above. It allows you to plug the lamp on and an extension cord. We plug a small cord into the adapter and branch it off so both sides have a power plug for devices.

• Like 1