On the Seashore

bob10173

We just left the private island Coco Bay. Whomever writes these bad reviews about the Seashore must work for another cruise line. The food is great along with the entertainment. The staff couldn't more helpful and courteous. No issues at all. I am a 40 plus cruisers so I have many cruises to compare. The only problem is it could be warmer. Heading for Mexico.

• Like 3

bob10173 - we feel the same way. We are seasoned cruisers and enjoy the food (especially because it is not heavily salted) and the entertainment. How do you like your cabin? We love the extended balconies on deck 9. 

Hi Bob10173,

If I remember correctly you have the Aurea package.  Have you been to the top 19 yet?  Do they serve food up there?  Did you need to make reservation for the spa?  We plan on spending most of our time in either the spa or the top 19 when we are on in April.

Thanks 

15 hours ago, Jeal said:

bob10173 - we feel the same way. We are seasoned cruisers and enjoy the food (especially because it is not heavily salted) and the entertainment. How do you like your cabin? We love the extended balconies on deck 9. 

After being very skeptical about deck 9 before the cruise, we are enjoying it now. To bad the weather isn't a bit warmer. Overall no problems at all.  Nice cruise with great food, entertainment and staff.

1 hour ago, jcollin said:

Hi Bob10173,

If I remember correctly you have the Aurea package.  Have you been to the top 19 yet?  Do they serve food up there?  Did you need to make reservation for the spa?  We plan on spending most of our time in either the spa or the top 19 when we are on in April.

Thanks 

Yes we have been to deck 19 but it was a bit cool and windy there and while in port the bar is closed.  They do not serve food on deck 19. Yes you need to make a reservation for the thermal spa in 1 hour segments and you can make as many as you want in one day. I think in April the weather will be much warmer. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jeal said:

Deck 9 is just fine with the extended balcony. To cool to spend as much time as we would like on the balcony but that is not a fault of the cruise line.

• Like 1

We did the Ocean Cay specialty restaurant last night. Huge disappointment. Not a great menu. The Manhattan restaurant has been excellent with the food and service. Manhattan restaurant is exclusive to Aurea guests but I think the other restaurants are just as nice. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bob10173 said:

We did the Ocean Cay specialty restaurant last night. Huge disappointment. Not a great menu. The Manhattan restaurant has been excellent with the food and service. Manhattan restaurant is exclusive to Aurea guests but I think the other restaurants are just as nice. 

Great seafood, what’s not to like? You gotta know that going in. 

1 hour ago, bob10173 said:

Yes we have been to deck 19 but it was a bit cool and windy there and while in port the bar is closed.  They do not serve food on deck 19. Yes you need to make a reservation for the thermal spa in 1 hour segments and you can make as many as you want in one day. I think in April the weather will be much warmer. 

Thanks.  One hour segments for the spa?  Do they come around after an hour and throw you out if you haven't reserved the next hour?

1 hour ago, bob10173 said:

Did they charge you $5 for an extra main entree?  Sometime we like to get an extra.  

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

Great seafood, what’s not to like? You gotta know that going in. 

For me, the appetizer was better than the main. Maybe I was expecting more pronounced flavors than what was delivered. 

I'd be willing to give it another shot and I have noticed that the menu does change slightly over time. I wouldn't pay "real" money for it but I would burn some extra OBC on something on the menu that catches my eye.

10 hours ago, jcollin said:

Did they charge you $5 for an extra main entree?  Sometime we like to get an extra.  

Depending which extra you wanted to order is what set the price. Nothing was anywhere near $5. Lobster as I recall way $24 extra on top of what I paid for the specialty restaurant. Tonight in the MDR they had lobster and filet with no extra cost. Without asking, our waiter brought us an extra lobster. 

10 hours ago, jcollin said:

Thanks.  One hour segments for the spa?  Do they come around after an hour and throw you out if you haven't reserved the next hour?

No, we put it to the test today and stayed an extra 1/2 hour. No one said a word. To me this is a great perk for Aurea. A day pass for anyone just wanting to use the thermal spa is $80.

10 hours ago, Tierun said:

Hola tacos at $18 for all you eat has been our favorite specialty dining venue followed by butcher’s cut. Also the sports bar has good food with good prices.

Tacos tomorrow night and the next night Butchers cut. Hope better than Ocean Cay.

• Thanks 1