Beyond vs. Ascent?

roxannex

I’m on the Ascent now and it is so much fun!! I love it!!! I took my mom on the Sky Princess in December and no offense to Princess lovers but this cruise is 100 times better in every way. Now I want to take my mom on one of the Edge class ships but it looks like only the Beyond will fit our schedule. Is it different than the Ascent? I saw some people complain about food on different ships, and so far the food and entertainment have been awesome! Eden and the shows there are great. Just so elegant but fun! I’d hate to take her on the Beyond and it not be as good. 

They are basically the same ship except for a few minor differences. The biggest differences are on the pool deck where on the Ascent they put all those large umbrellas for more shady seating if desired and the elimination of one of the decorative seating areas near the pool bar. Otherwise the changes are minor. The Ascent and Beyond are different than the previous 2 ships, the Edge and the Apex. 

• Like 2

Just now, roxannex said:

That’s great to hear. I’m totally going again! 

Yes, on the Ascent and Beyond they enlarged the Grand Plaza and centered the Martini Bar do there's seating around. They added those infinity pools on the Portside of the Rooftop Garden and the garden itself is larger and better designed. The Sunset bar is totally different with it's Mediterranean theme and it's much larger with a shaded bar area. There more seating areas in the Aft section adjacent to the Sunset bar. World Class Bar and Le Voyage are not found on the first two ships.   Blu restaurant has better views and the Retreat facilities are totally different in that Luminae is now located forward right with all the other Retreat amenities. They really did try to address some of the shortcomings of the first two E-Class ships. 

• Like 4

both were excellent but for us,  Ascent  in AQ Class with BLU was a bit   better compared to Retreat  suite class with luminae..(Personal taste...)

ASCENT was a  more recent.cruise for us with a  very full program and improved dining . Can,t go wrong either way!

Nervous abt creaky cabins on Beyond but ours was fine!   

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

We went on the Beyond last April (transatlantic to Rome) and this year we are going on the Ascent from Barcelona back to Fort Lauderdale.  We loved the Beyond and totally expect to enjoy the Ascent as much.  Since it was a TA it was longer than previous cruises we took and more sea days.  The staff was excellent and there were many things for us to do on the ship including additional entertainment during the sea days.  Dining was good (we did 4 specialty restaurants) to break up some of the monotony of the MDR's restaurants.  Both Eden and the Steakhouse were our favorites.  Highly recommend the Beyond (and hopefully I can say the same after our cruise on the Ascent).