Terminal in Tokyo??

bazzaw

Last time we were to join QE in Tokyo was 2020 at Yokohama ( cancelled due Covid) . Have now just booked a QE cruise for 28 March (not too far away) and need to know where it departs from so I can book a nearby hotel - any ideas please ( and please dont tell me to ask Cunard else they would already have it in my Cruise Personaliser) 

Surely your itinerary would distinguish between Tokyo and Yokohama? 

If it is Tokyo it's probably the Tokyo International Cruise Terminal, which I think is fairly new.

We stayed in Shiodome, which is right next to Shimbashi, when our November Regent cruise departed from there. It's a handy spot to stay as quite a few train lines go through either Shimbashi or Shiodome stations which is useful for sightseeing, and it's a quick taxi ride to the terminal. 

We are on that cruise as well and it sails from Yokohama.  We are booked in at the Intercontinental in Yokohama the night before sailing to give us a chance to explore the port prior to sailing. Staying in Tokyo itself the night before would be fine as they are so close.  

Hmmm. After having declared above  "Yokohama" so confidently,  I am now looking around for actual cruise documentation that states it departs from Yokohama, and I'm coming up empty handed.   Maybe it's an erroneous assumption/belief on my part!  Will revert if I find anything one way or the other.  

UDATE:  Just looked at Cruise Mapper, and it looks like we are indeed out of Tokyo. Yokohama has two other big cruise ships in on the 28th, and QE is shown as sailing out of Tokyo. Oh well, will have to make Yokohama a day trip then to explore, as I was really looking forward to it.

Thanks so much for calling this into question - we would have looked kind of silly showing up at the Yokohama terminal for the wrong ship!  

Edited by ClipperinSFO
new info

8 hours ago, ClipperinSFO said:

UDATE:  Just looked at Cruise Mapper, and it looks like we are indeed out of Tokyo.

We were booked on a long QE cruise out of Yokohama in May2020 - but you know what happened then!! 😞 We also were to stay at the Intercontinental on the night before sailing and were kind of looking forward to doing the same thing as I hate "unfinished business 🙂 " - but it does seem that we will sail from the new Tokyo International. Cunard are always a bit backwards in coming forwards with info . 

On 2/21/2024 at 6:40 PM, ClipperinSFO said:

We are on that cruise as well and it sails from Yokohama.  We are booked in at the Intercontinental in Yokohama the night before sailing to give us a chance to explore the port prior to sailing. Staying in Tokyo itself the night before would be fine as they are so close.  

We stayed in this hotel when we were in Yokohama. It was easy to spot and we walked from the ship to the hotel.  It is by Cosmo world the theme park with big rides.

Regards John

• Haha 1

Just chiming in since I disembark the QE on March 28th at the Tokyo International Cruise Terminal, not Yokohama.  So confirming that yes, the OP's voyage leaves from the Tokyo terminal.  Note that there is a Hilton hotel within less than 10 minutes walk from the Tokyo International Cruise Terminal.  You can google the location of the terminal and see all that's nearby, including transportation options.

• Like 1