TigerB (not at all) live from Iona (G404 - Portugal, Spain, and Canaries)

TigerB

On 3/15/2024 at 6:23 AM, Josy1953 said:

We like the Glasshouse for lunch on sea days but are equally happy with the MDR.  Having seen people in the past touching items such as bread with ther hands and then not taking the item I would miss a meal rather than eat in the buffet.

I can understand that but we’ve never had a problem (so far!) with the buffet whereas I was a bit underwhelmed with the MDR lunch we had last year, plus we were on one of those awful tables for two that are so close to the next door ones!

We will go on our first cruise with P&O in a few months, so the detailed report (and all the food pictures) was very useful. I think we will have a good time on Iona. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@TigerB our accessible cabin on our current Iona cruise has one of your famous poles in it, the first time for us and we are highly delighted, because there is at least 6 feet of space on either side of the bed  making wheelchair access very easy.

I wonder if all the pole cabins are same layout, if so we should maybe have a sticky with this information at the head of the forum to help wheelchair users.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sorry John, I don't believe you; you'll have to post a photo of you doing a turn on it.🤭

I take it that is a standard accessible balcony (GC/GB/GA) you are in, and not the superior deluxe (EA). They are very spacious aren't they?

The one we were in was 15306 (GC) with the entrance door on the left side. I'm not sure how you are able to determine which cabins they will be in. But, as you have found, they don't hinder the movement of a wheelchair at all.

Tell me, have they removed the plastic stopper in your wardrobe mechanism, as per my post #190?

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 10:27 AM, MyriamS said:

We will go on our first cruise with P&O in a few months, so the detailed report (and all the food pictures) was very useful. I think we will have a good time on Iona. 🙂

Welcome @MyriamS.

Having cruised 4 times on Iona I am certain you will have a wonderful time.

If you prefer the speciality restaurants you can pre book and pay on line 15 days before your cruise and get a 20% discount.

Graham.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2024 at 7:06 PM, TigerB said:

By the way @terrierjohn, did you manage to get to that park in Santa Cruz de Tenerife?

Apologies for the long delay @TigerB, no we didn't venture out at Tenerife, it was cloudy quite cold for the Canaries, and showers were forecast, which duly arrived with regularity. But I will keep your map for any future Canaries cruise