Hot chocolate on the Venus?

PennyNC

Silly question, I know, but has anyone been on the Venus and seen hot chocolate available?  Either in packets in the buffet or in a machine somewhere or served?  Was just thinking about being cozy as I watch Norway pass by covered in snow on our upcoming cruise and it occurred to me that hot chocolate would be a perfect accompaniment! 

There were hot chocolate packets in the world cafe on our cruise on Mars in March 2023. They were with the tea bags/coffee machine, so you could get hot water there. There were both ceramic mugs and disposable cups with lids.

I regularly get a hot chocolate from the lounge on deck 1 as my bedtime drink. They make it with hot milk.  Sometimes it is not very hot but they quickly get used to me so I don’t have to stress the ‘hot’ 

Further into the cruise I sometimes just have hot milk to limit the calories as the hot chocolate is rather sweet.  

World Cafe also has sachets (occasionally need to ask for them) which you can take to your room and make yourself if you’ve asked for a kettle.  The coffee maker boils water but trying to make chocolate or tea using this does not work well so we usually request a kettle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kcpvwill said:

I regularly get a hot chocolate from the lounge on deck 1 as my bedtime drink. They make it with hot milk.  Sometimes it is not very hot but they quickly get used to me so I don’t have to stress the ‘hot’ 

Further into the cruise I sometimes just have hot milk to limit the calories as the hot chocolate is rather sweet.  

World Cafe also has sachets (occasionally need to ask for them) which you can take to your room and make yourself if you’ve asked for a kettle.  The coffee maker boils water but trying to make chocolate or tea using this does not work well so we usually request a kettle. 

Wow, you were able to request and get a kettle in your stateroom?