Express boarding feature?

We were on Oasis last week sailing from Miami, we had a 10:30 boarding time, and when we pulled up our sea passes to add them to our apple wallets, noticed that they were purple and said Express Boarding on them. We didn't request this nor did we get any other notification for it. 

When we finally got to the port through all of the traffic, the Express entrance was right there same as with the Suite/Pin/Key entrance. It was nice because it was a walk in compared to the main line. There was also a shorter xray/scan line for Express. 

We thought it was awesome, but no idea how we were "chosen" for it (random, reward for doing everything ahead of time, etc.). Anyone have any details about what it's all about?

image.jpeg.ae7c57c285adc849cb753aa3490f31c8.jpeg 

I received it on my cruise in January. From what I've read on here, it's Royal trying to speed things along for folks who've done all their pre check stuff ahead of time. Several others on my trip also got it. It was random. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, runner2013 said:

I received it on my cruise in January. From what I've read on here, it's Royal trying to speed things along for folks who've done all their pre check stuff ahead of time. Several others on my trip also got it. It was random. 

We always do everything ahead of time and I assumed that most everyone else did as well, but maybe not as many as I thought? 

Maybe all of the 10:30 arrival time folks should get Express so they don't have to queue up behind everyone that shows up hours before their time... 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fletch1027 said:

We always do everything ahead of time and I assumed that most everyone else did as well, but maybe not as many as I thought? 

I'm actually quite curious what percentage of people check in online.